Students who are planning to pursue courses or diplomas in a field related to massage therapy have many kinds of financial aid available to them. Many associations, schools, beauticians and even some magazines provide scholarships and student loans to students interested in massage related education. A number of students these days are also attracted towards a career in massage therapy because jobs in this industry are abundant and generally provide a good pay scale to qualified and licensed professionals. Students joining massage therapy courses can easily win scholarships if they put some effort into winning scholarships. This article discusses some scholarship opportunities available to students.
- The Costa Rica School of Massage Scholarship Program is a program that provides aid to four massage therapy students each year. The amount of the award is $1000.
- MASSAGE Magazine provides five $1000 scholarships to students pursuing a degree in massage or touch therapy. The scholarships are provided only to students who are enrolled at massage school that participates in Massage Magazine’s School Program.
- American Specialty Health (ASH) provides many scholarships to students who are enrolled in an alternative therapy program. These scholarship programs include programs for massage therapy students. The amount of the award is $500.
- Great Lakes Institute of Technology Medical Careers in Erie, Pennsylvania provides many scholarships to quality students. These scholarships cover 25% of the total tuition costs of the course students are enrolled in.
- The Regents Professional Opportunity Scholarship program is a big program that provides aid to over 200 minority and disadvantaged students. The amount of the award is up to $5000. Minority and disadvantaged students who are pursuing a licensed profession, such as the profession of massage therapists, qualify for these 200 scholarships.
- Austin Schools of Massage runs three scholarship programs named The Clark Foundations Program, The Clark Advanced Clinical Program and The Dottie Scholarship Fund. These programs provide aid to talented students based on academic merit. The amount of the award varies with each program.
- The Spa Foundation provides numerous scholarships to students who are majoring in therapy self-help and financial management resources.
In order to win scholarships students should read information on them in detail before applying. More information on above mentioned programs can be obtained from their website. Students can also search for hundreds of other programs that provide aid to students majoring in a massage therapy related field. These scholarship programs can be searched conveniently over the internet.