Financial assistance for deserving applicants comes in many forms. There are the highly sought after ‘scholarships’ of different kinds which do not have very stringent eligibility requirements like the ‘grants’. Further, there are many types of loans available which have further easier requirements but are unpopular with the applicants because of the fact that by taking this option, the students will have to pay a debt later on. One of the most interesting types of financial assistance opportunities come in the form of weird scholarships. These are scholarships that are for reasons which are simply weird.
Weird scholarships include all the scholarships that are for non-traditional reasons. Let us take a look at some of the scholarship opportunities that are available.
- Are you known for your height? If you are a male who is at least 6 feet 2 inches or a female who is at least 5 feet 10 inches then you can qualify for the Tall Clubs International Scholarship which is worth $1,000.
- Do you think that you can create prom outfits out of just duct tape? If your answer is yes then you are eligible for $3,000 provided by the Duck Brand Duct Tape Stuck on Prom Contest.
- The American Welding Society provides scholarships for prospective welders or applicants who are good at welding.
- If you are good at the art of vacuum coating then you can win $2,500 provided by the Society of Vacuum Coaters Foundation.
- Left-handers are also eligible for many special scholarships like the Frederick and Mary F. Beckley scholarship.
- Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest is for people who love calling ducks and provides an amount of $2,000.
- We enlisted a scholarship opportunity for tall people earlier. What about dwarfs? Yes dwarfs can benefit from the Billy Barty Foundation scholarship.
- Are you a vegetarian? If your answer is yes then you are eligible for the Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship which is worth $5,000.
- This is going to be a little funny but is your last name Gatling or Gatlin? Well you guessed it; you are eligible for a scholarship called John Gatling Scholarship. Another one of these is the Zolp scholarship which is for Catholics with the last name zolp.
This was a review of some of the weird scholarships that are available. There are many more scholarships of this sort available on the internet and through other listings. It is certainly not weird to take your chances with weird scholarships.