Health professionals are in high demand in almost all job markets of the world. Excellent job opportunities, respect of the profession and community service are what attract many students to join health related courses. Professional education in health is however expensive and not many people can afford it without some kind of financial aid. There are many organizations and institutes that offer financial aid to health students. In this article I will mention some scholarship programs that you can apply for if you are planning to take health related courses and looking for some financial assistance to fund your studies.
- Mount Sinai Hospital’s BSN Student Scholarship/Work Repayment Program: The program provides excellent opportunities to students enrolled in nursing courses. Talented students can receive aid of $3000 per semester from this program if they commit to work at the Mount Sinai hospital for a limited period of time after completion of their degree.
- Occupational/Physical Therapy Scholarship program: This program provides aid to several students each year. The program is funded by an organization named The Daughters of The American revolution. The program provides aid of $500 to physical therapy students.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program: This program is a very prestigious one because it provides for the full four year tuition fee and other expenses and also provides monthly stipend to students. Family nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students and medical students can apply for this scholarship program.
- The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions Scholarship of Excellence Award: This scholarships award provides financial assistance to students of health schools that are member of the association.
- National Nursing Education Initiative: This scholarship program is designed to provide aid to already registered diploma or associate degree nurses that want to excel in their career with bachelor degrees.
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program: This is also a very prestigious scholarship program. Students can receive up to $20,000 aid from this program. Students who win these scholarships have to sign a contract to work for at least 10 weeks with NIH during every year of study and to work for one year with NIH for each year scholarship is received.
More information on all above mentioned programs can be obtained from their websites. You can also make applications online for some of these programs. You can search for many other scholarship programs offered to health students from different health related fields over the internet.