Teaching is a noble profession and a profession which is in demand in many areas. Most of the time a person requires teacher training or teacher education to qualify for a teaching position. Many teaching scholarships are available to provide financial assistance to prospective teachers undertaking teacher training.
If you are already enrolled as a student you can check with your institute regarding any financial assistance that they may be offering. If you are in an area where there is good demand of teachers then you are in a good position to get a scholarship because there will be plenty.
Here are some of the scholarships that you can look for:
- American Montessori Society Scholarships are offered each year to eligible candidates that were accepted by the organization.
- Applegate/Jackson/Parks Future Teacher Scholarship is offered to undergraduate and graduate students majoring in education and is worth $1000.
- The Delta Gamma Foundation Florence Margaret Harvey Memorial Scholarship is offered to students who plan to teach visually impaired students.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Scholarships provides funds to students who are training for a variety of teaching disciplines.
- Paul Douglas Teacher Scholarship is provided to students aiming to pursue an education degree.
- PDK Prospective Educator Scholarships
- SPS Future Teacher Scholarship are offered to future physics teachers and is worth $2000.
- Straight Forward Media’s Teacher Scholarship is offered every year and is worth $500.
- Teach Grant Program is worth $4000 and is provided to students who desire to teach in the ‘low income’ schools.
Teaching scholarships can also be classed into national scholarships and local scholarships. National scholarships have tougher criteria but have more money to offer. Some of these scholarships are for the general public and some for specialists in a subject.
There are some tips you can follow to get the scholarship of your dreams. You can search through the various online search engines. You can not only find links to teaching scholarships but also will be able to download entire listings of scholarships. The other reliable source is to check out the teaching school for possible opportunities. Teacher associations are another good source which provides scholarships to prospective teachers.
You can always check with various corporations. Many corporations are willing to support the development of the community by providing scholarships for various purposes.
Getting a teacher certificate will be a welcome addition to your skills and getting a teacher scholarship will save you a lot of trouble which you may face during the process of acquiring one.