Scholarships are available for almost every field of education. Scholarships on recreation administration are available to help students obtain their degree and qualification in this field. Since there are various scholarship programs available, students of different types and levels get the financial and moral support. (more…)
Health professionals are in high demand in almost all job markets of the world. Excellent job opportunities, respect of the profession and community service are what attract many students to join health related courses. Professional education in health is however expensive and not many people can afford it without some kind of financial aid. There are many organizations and institutes that offer financial aid to health students. In this article I will mention some scholarship programs that you can apply for if you are planning to take health related courses and looking for some financial assistance to fund your studies.
- Mount Sinai Hospital’s BSN Student Scholarship/Work Repayment Program: The program provides excellent opportunities to students enrolled in nursing courses. Talented students can receive aid of $3000 per semester from this program if they commit to work at the Mount Sinai hospital for a limited period of time after completion of their degree.
- Occupational/Physical Therapy Scholarship program: This program provides aid to several students each year. The program is funded by an organization named The Daughters of The American revolution. The program provides aid of $500 to physical therapy students.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program: This program is a very prestigious one because it provides for the full four year tuition fee and other expenses and also provides monthly stipend to students. Family nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students and medical students can apply for this scholarship program.
- The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions Scholarship of Excellence Award: This scholarships award provides financial assistance to students of health schools that are member of the association.
- National Nursing Education Initiative: This scholarship program is designed to provide aid to already registered diploma or associate degree nurses that want to excel in their career with bachelor degrees.
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program: This is also a very prestigious scholarship program. Students can receive up to $20,000 aid from this program. Students who win these scholarships have to sign a contract to work for at least 10 weeks with NIH during every year of study and to work for one year with NIH for each year scholarship is received.
More information on all above mentioned programs can be obtained from their websites. You can also make applications online for some of these programs. You can search for many other scholarship programs offered to health students from different health related fields over the internet.
If you have tried all options and have not yet found a scholarship that you may be eligible for you can apply on scholarships that have an easy criteria to apply for aid. You can get a considerable part of your expenses taken care of with these easy scholarships to apply for. These scholarships are easy because they are not based on academic or sporting excellence which are the criteria for most other scholarship programs.
Easy scholarships are based on varying criteria according to the aims of the organization that is offering the scholarships. If you apply for such scholarships you might also be on advantage because not many people know of these scholarship opportunities. I will discuss some such opportunities in this article.
- The MoneyMatters101.com scholarship program: This scholarships program is run by the money matters website. It provides aid to students that enter their competition to answer essay type questions about credit cards and the contribution of credit cards towards student’s debt.
- The OP Loftbed Scholarship program: This program provides aid to students that use loft beds in their dorm rooms. The scholarships are aimed at showing gratitude to such customers.
- The Ayn Rand Institute Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from all fields that enter a competition to write essays on the book “The Fountainhead”.
- The Writers and Illustrators of the Future Contest: This contest is open to imaginative students that are interested in science related fields. The students are required to submit their writing on science fiction to compete for this program. The association also offers scholarships to writers and illustrators in other fields.
- The American Welding Society Scholarship Program: This scholarship program provides aid to American students that are interested in learning the art of welding, brazing, joining or thermal spraying.
- The NCTA Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides aid to students that write essays about Santa and the Christmas.
- The Excellence in Predicting the Future Award: This award is given to students that join a contest to predict future events in the economic market. Successful students are provided significant amount of scholarships.
More information on above mentioned programs can be obtained from their websites. There are hundreds of other easy scholarships to apply for based on varying criterion, such as scholarships for tall, short or fat people, and scholarships for vegetarians. You can search for all of these scholarships over the internet using scholarship search sites.
The demand for computer professionals is increasing rapidly all over the world and so are the pay scales of qualified computer professionals. Greater number of students than ever now wish to join fields related to computer science due to the excellent career opportunities these fields offer. A college degree is necessary for any person to succeed in his career; college education in computer science is expensive as all other education is, but there are a number of college grants and scholarships offered to computer science students that can help them complete their education. This article explains some of the many scholarships available for computer science students.
- SWE Scholarship Program: The SWE scholarship program provides aid to female students that are planning to join a degree in computer engineering or other computer related engineering degrees. The program provides aid of $10,000 to wining students to pay for tuition fees and living costs.
- AFCEA Educational Foundation Scholarships: The AFCEA’s foundation runs a scholarship program by name of General John A. Wickham Scholarships. This program provides assistance to full time students in field of aerospace engineering, computer engineering and electrical engineering. Junior or senior students who have a minimum GPA of 3.5 can get aid of $2,000 through this program.
- ESA Foundation Computer and Video Game Scholarships: Students from minority communities or women that are attending a full time four year degree program in computer or video game related fields can get aid through ESA foundation. The amount of these scholarships is $3,000.
- Alice L. Haltom Educational Fund: The fund provides aid to students who are working towards their associate or bachelor degree. Bachelor degree students can get aid of $2,000 and associate degree students can get aid of $1,000 through this program.
- Intel Science Talent Search: This is a very prestigious scholarship program that is awarded to one talented student every year. The scholarship program provides aid of $100,000 to the winning student. Application deadline for this program is Nov 17 every year.
- NFB Computer Science Scholarship Program: The NFB program is designed to provide aid to blind students who are planning to join a course related to computer science. This program provides aid to 30 students every year.
More information on above mentioned programs can be obtained from their websites. There are hundreds of other aid programs for computer science students. Students can look for such college grants and scholarships for computer science over the internet.
The military itself and government is working to provide more and more facilities to brave men and women that defend the country. Education of dependent children and spouses of military men have been a major concern for policy makers recently and some appreciable progress has been made in this area to provide better educational opportunities to children and spouses of military men. In addition to favorable changes in some policies announced in the GI Bill, there are many other military scholarships and grants programs started for spouses of service men. Some such opportunities are discussed in this article.
The GI Bill announced many favorable changes in policy for benefits available to service men. Military persons were allowed to study at any accredited institute in US at little or no cost at all. The bill has allowed service men to transfer their benefits under the grant scheme to their spouses, however some conditions on transfer are implemented but it provides great relief to military service men. In addition to these benefits military spouses can avail number of other scholarships for military to complete their higher education.
The Military Spouse Career Advancement program is an aid program launched by Department of Defense in collaboration with department of Labor. It is one of the biggest scholarships programs for military spouses. The program provides scholarships worth $32 million to military spouses that wish to pursue higher education in high-growth fields, such as education, health care, information technology, and many other fields. The scholarship program provides for the tuition fees, books, lab fees and all other education expenses of the scholars. More information on deadlines and eligibility can be obtained from the scholarship program’s website.
Another military scholarship program is the Homefront Spouse Scholarship program. This scholarships program provides aid to 37 military spouses each year. The award is a very prestigious one, so it is highly competitive. The applicants are required to fill a questionnaire regarding life experiences and write an essay on any topic to apply for the scholarship program. The questionnaire can be seen on the program’s website.
There is also number of other scholarships for military spouses programs run by different organizations based on varying criteria. There are also some scholarship programs specifically for the spouses of veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan war. You can search for such scholarships using scholarship search engines. These search engines will provide you information on all military scholarships offered in America.
Higher education is admitted as a basic right for all and provided free in many countries of world, such as Sweden and Norway. In countries where education is not free the rising costs of education has become a major concern for government and students. In USA many government and private organization are providing scholarships to students to help them fund their college education. The largest of such organizations is The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation that runs the Gates Millennium Scholarship Program for minority students.
The Gates Millennium Scholarship Program is the largest private scholarship program in America that provides $1 billion worth of scholarships to students every year. In addition to these $1 billion scholarships the program has started offering scholarships for public health courses worth $58 million.
The scholarship program has provided 10,000 full tuition scholarships to low income students from American, Hispanic, Asian Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native and American Indian communities to pursue degrees in education, science, math’s, engineering, library science and public health. The scholarships are generally awarded based on financial need and academic excellence in relevant field.
The program requires the students to have a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or higher and to meet the criterion set out by federal Pell grant. The students are also required to demonstrate participation in community service and good leadership skills. Only students who are joining college for the first time and who are US citizens or permanent residents can apply for the scholarships.
The deadline for application is usually in January; however you can search for exact dates on the program’s website. Every applicant is required to fill three forms; the personal information form, the nominator form and the recommender form. It is also a good idea to submit proof of any extracurricular and academic achievements you have made in past. All scholarship providers generally prefer students who have extra academic skills over students who just excel academically.
The Gates Millennium Scholarship Program provides 1000 full tuition scholarships every year to students that fulfill their criteria. The amount of these scholarship awards vary with each individual’s needs, as the scholarships are aimed at providing for the tuition cots and part of living costs. However, according to 2006 statistics the average amount of award for undergraduate students was $7,000 and for graduate students was $15,000. If you are eligible to apply for scholarships offered by this program you can download the application forms from their website.
No significant progress can be made in any profession without a college degree. Most of the people who do not have a college degree are forced to work on low end jobs for all their life. The importance of college education for person and society cannot be over emphasized, but college education is becoming unaffordable for many.
If you are planning on joining college and worried about finances you should try to search for scholarships that can help you finance your studies. There are hundreds of scholarship programs based on varying criteria. You can use free college scholarship searches to locate a scholarship that you qualify for. In this article I will discuss two free college scholarship programs that you can apply for: The John and Abigail Adams Scholarship programs and The Dr. Alma S. Adams Scholarship program.
The John and Abigail Adams Scholarship program
This is a prestigious program which provides qualifying students the opportunity to study for free at the University of Massachusetts, or at 15 community and 7 state colleges in the state. The scholarships are awarded for full 4 year course duration provided that the students maintain a GPA of 3.0 in all semesters.
The scholarship program provides financial assistance to students of Massachusetts public high school. These scholarships are awarded based on the grades of students in English language, arts and mathematics.
The students will also have to take the MCAS test. In the test students must score high in English language, arts or mathematics, and also get a combined score which places them in top 25% students.
The Dr. Alma S. Adams Scholarship program
This is a minority scholarship program that provides aid to students from all minority communities living in the US. The program is run by a welfare organization aimed at reducing the use of tobacco amongst minority communities that are believed to be disproportionately targeted by advertisements from tobacco companies.
Students from the Native American community, Asian & Pacific Islanders, Hispanic community and other minority groups can get these scholarships if they show record of community service and participation in local culture.
The scholarships can be used at any accredited educational institute in US. The program provides aid of up to $10,000.
The rising costs of college are forcing increasing number of college students to quit their education. The average cost of a four year college degree which is normally around $27,000 is expected to rise by 11% in academic year 2010-2011. Feeling the financial difficulties faced by students in pursuing college education, government and many private corporations have started scholarship programs to help students pay for their college education. These scholarships not only provide aid to intelligent students but many of such programs are focused on providing aid to students from less privileged family backgrounds. One such scholarship fund is run by The Farm Credit Services of Mid-America (FCS) that provides aid to students with agricultural background or agricultural work experience.
The Farm Credit Services of Mid-America (FCS) is a corporation working for the welfare of farmers in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, and Tennessee. The organization runs various welfare programs to serve the farmers in the region with its huge $11 billion budget. The program includes a scholarship program for students related to agriculture that gives out $100,000 worth of scholarships every year. The scholarships are provided under three different schemes.
- University Scholarships Program: This program provides aid to students in collaboration with agriculture related universities in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, and Tennessee. The deadlines and amount of scholarships for this program are determined by related universities.
- 4-H / FFA Scholarship Program: This scholarship program provides assistance to 8 students enrolled in an agriculture related degree in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee.
- Farm Credit Scholarship Program: This program provides aid of $2000 each to 18 students enrolled in an agriculture related degrees. These scholarships are only available to customer-members of Farm Credit, or children of customer-members.
Students can apply for any of the scholarships offered by the scholarship fund. College freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors or graduating high school seniors can apply for these scholarships if they have a good academic background and have proven leadership qualities, and track record of active community service. The students are required to be enrolled on a College of Agriculture or College of Business and to have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
To apply for these scholarships students must have an agricultural background or agriculture related work experience, and must be a member or a child of a member of Farm Credit Services of Mid-America, however employs and children of employs cannot apply for these scholarships. More information on these scholarships can be obtained from their website: http://www.e-farmcredit.com.
Disabled people are a significant part of population in the US. While they are disadvantaged in some way, some of them can perform professionally better than normal people. The acceptance for disabled persons in business world is increasing and now employing them is considered a normal practice in business. However, if a disabled person does not have a college degree he may have problems finding a job easily.
College education is expensive and most of the disabled persons can do little part time work to pay for their college education. Fortunately though, many government and private organizations have started providing scholarships for the disabled. These scholarships normally provide the tuition fee, books, paraphernalia and counseling. Government also provides tax benefits to the disabled.
The government provides many scholarships for the disabled. You can search and apply for such scholarships in your closest welfare office. Your application will be followed by a medical test, after which you will probably be granted a scholarship. Other organizations that provide scholarships to disabled people are as follows.
- The Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf Financial Aid and Scholarships is scholarship program that provides financial assistance to deaf students who want to pursue a college degree.
- The Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation offers scholarships specifically for disabled women who want to pursue a post graduate degree. The foundation also works to empower women as an active member of the society.
- The Learning Disabilities Association awards higher education scholarships to students with learning disabilities. The organization also works to assist people with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia and ADHD, to overcome their disabilities and become more productive individuals in the society.
There are numerous kinds of disabilities so different organizations provide aid to people with different disabilities. You can win a scholarship easily if you apply for these scholarships because there are significant numbers of such opportunities and competition is generally low.
You can search for a scholarship offered to you over internet. There are over 50 of scholarships search sites available over the internet that can provide you information on all scholarship programs for the disabled in USA.
After you find a scholarship program that you are eligible for make sure you make a complete application. You should provide all information and documentation required by the scholarship provider, and also includes medical certificates authenticating your disability in your application. If you have any past academic or other achievement, such as participation in events etc, you should mention them in your application.
There are thousands of scholarship programs in every country of the world that provide aid to different classes of students based on different criteria, finding a scholarship programs that you are eligible for among these scholarships is a hectic and difficult task. The problem is that you will have to manually search for and read every scholarship program advertised on the internet to search for a scholarship program that you are eligible for and that suits your requirements. The hectic process requires a lot of effort and time, and also restricts your search to the programs you are able to search for i.e. many programs might remain undiscovered by you during your search.
The solution to this problem was provided by scholarship finder websites. There are over 50 of such scholarship finder websites over the internet. These websites contain large databases of scholarship listings from all over the world. You can search for all scholarships in their database with ease because the scholarship listings are arranged in categories based on criteria for the award.
Most of these scholarship finder websites also provide you the facility of searching for a scholarship program according to your own specifications. You will be required to fill a form providing all your information and requirements, and then site will automatically search for a scholarship that you are eligible to get. It is a very useful facility which can make it very convenient for you to search for a scholarship.
These scholarship sites provide information on all most all scholarship programs offered in developing countries for local and international students, so they are an excellent tool for searching scholarships offered in developing countries for local and international students. However, one drawback of these search engines is that their search is based on their database of scholarship listings, many of scholarship programs offered in developing countries might not become part of their database. These sites are useful tools for students from both developed and developing countries but they do not provide complete lists of scholarships to students from developing countries.
Students from developing countries can search randomly on the internet for scholarship opportunities in their home country. The best strategy to use Google search specific to your country, it will save you from a lot of trash and make it easy for you to search for scholarships. Students can also contact local government and welfare organization for any scholarship opportunities provided by them.