Teaching is increasingly becoming the career of choice for many young graduates because of the excellent career opportunities that are now available to professionally qualified teachers. Like all other fields a professional qualification is required to excel in teaching career. Professional degrees are expensive to pursue but they can guarantee a promising career for you. There is a shortage of professionally qualified teachers in almost all countries of world, to fulfill this shortage many private organizations and teaching colleges have started scholarship programs to help students get professional degrees in teaching. In this article I will explain some such programs offered by different sources.
- American Montessori Society Scholarship Program: The scholarship program offers aid to 16 talented students every year. These scholarships are provided to students that are going to join a qualification in Montessori teaching and that are accepted by AMS education programs.
- The Delta Gamma Foundation Florence Margaret Harvey Memorial Scholarship Program: This scholarship program provides aid to students that are interested in getting a qualification in teaching blind or visually impaired children.
- Applegate/Jackson/Parks Future Teacher Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides aid to students that are planning to major in education at the graduate or post graduate level. The program provides aid of $1000 to numerous students every year.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Scholarship Program: The board runs several scholarship programs for teachers at all levels. There are several scholarship programs offered to elementary teachers, middle school teachers, math teachers, science teachers and reading and language arts teachers. These scholarship programs provide aid to numerous students every year.
- PDK Prospective Educator Scholarship Program: This program provides aid to students that are members of the Future Educators Association or students that have some relation to PDK, who are also majoring in education.
- Paul Douglas Teacher Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides financial assistance to talented high school students that are planning to major in education.
- SPS Future Teacher Scholarship Program: This scholarship program provides aid to students that are currently pursuing degrees in physics and that want to work as physics teacher in future. The program provides aid of $2000 to numerous students every year. The students should also be a member of physics teachers club to apply for the scholarship program.
- Teach Grant Program: This scholarship program provides aid of $4000 to talented students that sign a contract to work in a low income elementary school for a specified period after completion of their education.