Rising cost of education has left many students opt for applying for scholarships and grants. One of the facts is that nowadays many scholarships and grants are available and accessible for eligible students. No matter what scholarship program you choose to apply, you will find scholarship applications form from the registered office of the scholarships or from their official website. (more…)
If you have planned to apply for different scholarships, you need to find out sample college scholarship application essays so that you are able to complete the application process successfully and effectively. Almost every scholarship program has its website where you will find complete information regarding the scholarship program and (more…)
Many financial aids are available through mayflower college scholarship Rhode Island. If you are interested in the scholarship programs, make sure you find out the list of scholarships first. The foundation administers and manages more than 150 scholarships. (more…)
There are many nursing scholarships and grants available. The aim of most of these scholarships is to encourage women to opt for this career in which there is great shortage of professionals. Let us discuss some effective strategies to obtain nursing scholarships and grants.
The very first thing that the candidates must do is to fill out and submit the FAFSA form. The FAFSA form has the necessary details which enable the US Department of Education to determine the amounts and types of financial aid that the candidate is eligible for. The application form will also help to determine the estimated contribution that the candidate can make towards financing his/her education. This application should be submitted every year the student needs financial aid because the financial situation can change year to year.
The next step is to research the various nursing scholarships and grants sources available. More specifically, the candidate should stay in touch with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). This group keeps people updated on the various nursing scholarship and grants opportunities along with other nursing information. Generally, the candidates can also ask career counselors, the nursing college administration or search on other valuable information resources like the internet.
Nursing is a career of community service and the prospective nursing students must also be active in community service and extra-curricular activities. This not only is a great addition to a person’s CV but will also enable the candidate to acquired information about scholarships or develop important contacts that could help the candidate out in his/her scholarship hunt.
When required, a good scholarship essay could be the best thing that could give you an edge over the competitors. A good scholarship essay is something that starts out well and keeps the reader’s interested. It should be in clear and concise language with little spelling and grammar mistakes. Proof reading is also a necessary part and should be done by a qualified elder or a teacher.
Last but not the least; the candidates should explore all possible sources of funding. This can include contacts of their parents or siblings or can include other options like nursing internships. Nursing internships can be unpaid or paid but the real advantages of such opportunities lies in the fact that they can help the candidates identify a prospective area of specialization and also provide valuable practical nursing experience which looks very good on the CV.
The HOPE (Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally) is Georgia’s unique and nationally recognized program to help its students succeed. You can apply for HOPE scholarship to study in a public technical college or an eligible public or private college or universities in Georgia. Georgia Lottery for Education funds the program.
If you are a Georgia resident, who is attending a Georgia public technical college to earn a certificate or diploma, you are eligible for a HOPE Grant regardless of your high school graduation date and grade average. You may receive the award for an unlimited number of programs that are in accordance with the guidelines.
Enrolling as a full-time student is not mandatory, but you must be making satisfactory academic progress to stay eligible. Maintaining a ‘B’ average is not required for renewing the grant.
HOPE Grant Awards:
The grant covers your tuition fees, HOPE-approved mandatory fees, and up to $100 per quarter as book allowance.
The HOPE Scholarship for Recent High School Graduates
The eligibility requirements for recent high school graduates looking to get a HOPE Scholarship for a degree program at a technical college are the same as students looking to get a degree at one of Georgia’s public or private colleges or universities. The criteria for a first-year student are as follows:
You must be a legal resident of Georgia; must have graduated from an eligible high school in 1993 or later; must have a high school grade average of ‘B’.
Year 2000 and later high school graduates will need to earn a ‘B’ average in their core-curriculum subjects. For more details of the core-curriculum requirements, check with your high school guidance counselor.
The HOPE Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
High school graduates, who graduated prior to 1993, may be able to apply for a HOPE scholarship for a degree program at a technical college. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
You must be a legal resident of Georgia; your HOPE cumulative grade point average must be 3.0 after the quarter in which you attempted 45 hours of degree credit. [Your eligibility is determined taking into account all your attempted degree credit and coursework converted to degree credit after you graduated from high school.]; you must not have a baccalaureate (four-year) degree or have attempted over 190 quarter hours (127 semester hours) of college credit.
You can apply for HOPE scholarship by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the HOPE Scholarship and Grant Application. An e-HOPE (online) application for the scholarship is available at GSFC.org
Scholarships can be a very good source of financial assistance to students. There is a great diversity of organizations which are willing to offer help to students either to meet their own ends, as a sign of showing their concern for various issues, or just out of charity and community service. It is expected then that the diversity of scholarship requirements would match the variety of the scholarship opportunities. It could indeed be a very good idea to have knowledge about the various scholarship requirements. Let us take a review of the various scholarship requirements that the students can hope to come across. This could act as a checklist for personal scrutiny.
- The most common scholarship requirements include a ‘demonstration of proficiency’ to be eligible for the reward. This might include, a very good writing ability, a good talent in the various arts like drawing, painting, dance, etc., being erudite in your respective field of science or being good at sports. These requirements usually include those scholarships which allow more competent candidates to have a better chance of success.
- The candidates are also required to fill out the FAFSA form, which makes them eligible for federal scholarships. The candidates should also in all instances, gather complete information about application deadlines, application procedures, special requirements and most importantly all the relevant scholarship opportunities. These points include the general requirements that the students should take care of.
- Sometimes there are some very specific scholarship requirements. These include scholarships according to physical characteristics (left-handedness, disability, height, etc), sex, academic level (sophomore, junior, etc), career (military, journalism, medicine, firefighting, nursing, etc), nationality and immigrant status, etc.
- Some scholarship may have changing requirements. You might be required to qualify for certain requirements at the time of application and then you might be required to fulfill further requirement later on. This generally applies to scholarships that are renewable.
- There are generally three categories of financial aid available: scholarships, grants and loans. These might have slightly different requirements and implications. For instance, loans require you to return the money later on and the application procedure for the grants can be different form scholarships.
- Some scholarships are for international students. These are generally very prestigious and have stringent requirements. An example is the Fulbright Scholarship.
This was a brief account of the various scholarship requirements that the students must be aware of. The prospective candidates are advised to always find out about the specific requirements of the scholarship opportunity they are interested in.
Grad school scholarships are in demand because the cost of education continues to increase. These days, anyone looking to enter grad school usually intends to apply for a few scholarships to pay the associated costs.
There are a few ways in which you can locate grad school scholarships.
Start from your educational institution. Ideally, you should go to your future school and get help from their financial aid office. The office will have resources, such as lists of scholarships and grants that you may be able to win.
You can also seek the help of your loved ones. There may be a friend of your father, or your own family member who may have heard of a scholarship, or may be a member of group that awards scholarships to students like you. Many people apply for scholarships, so you may also be able to find someone who has won a scholarship in the same field that you have chosen.
Another resource for finding grad school scholarships is the internet. There are scholarship databases that anyone can access. You can search by providing your subject details. These sites should be able to help you locate providers.
The government also helps students pay for school, especially if they are facing a financial crisis. You can find out if you qualify for federal government aid or not by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Scholarships are based on several different criteria. There are merit based scholarships that are awarded to students on the basis of academic, athletic, or artistic merit; scholarships that any student can apply for; ethnic minority scholarships; disability scholarships; military scholarships; single mom scholarships; height scholarships, last name scholarships, and many more.
An important thing regarding scholarships is to start searching for them early. You won’t want to feel the disappointment of finding a scholarship you can apply for after the application deadline has passed.
Another thing to remember is that if you get a student loan to fund your education, you will have to repay it after you finish or quit school, but if you get a scholarship or grant, you won’t have to pay back anything. With a scholarship you will have to maintain a certain level of performance, whereas with a grant you get the money, no strings attached.
Check with scholarship groups; they often have opportunities available. Professional associations in your field may also offer grad school scholarships.
The demand for qualified psychologists worldwide is increasing rapidly. Most of the countries of world have a shortage of qualified psychologists. This high demand has translated into excellent career opportunities for qualified psychologists. To help students pursue a degree in field of psychology many organizations have started scholarship programs for psychology students. Psychology scholarship list is provided in this article. You can apply for the discussed scholarships or you can also search for many other psychology scholarships over scholarship search sites available over the internet.
- The National Honor Society in Psychology Scholarships: The society runs a scholarship program by the name of Psi Chi scholarship program. The program provides aid to numerous undergraduate and graduate students every year.
- ERT Minority Scholarship Program for Graduate Training: This program provides aid to students from all ethnic minority groups living in the US. The aid is available to students that are pursuing a full time or part time degree in Psychology.
- American Psychological Association Scholarship Program: The APA scholarship program provides numerous scholarships every year to students enrolled in all psychology related fields.
- Native American Assistance Program by Government: Students that are registered tribal members and pursuing a degree in Guidance counseling or physiology can get aid through the Native American assistance program run by the U.S department of Education. Information on this program can be obtained from the website of financial aid office of the U.S department of education.
- This United Health Foundation and PacifiCare Foundation Scholarships: The foundation runs a scholarship program by the name of Latino Health Scholars Program. The program provides aid to Students from the Native American communities that are planning to pursue a career in psychology or other medical related fields.
- Medical Service Corps (U.S. Army) Educational Benefits: The U.S army runs several scholarship programs for students from different fields including the Health Profession Scholarship Program for Optometry and Psychology. This program can help members pursue a degree in psychology and obtain rank of second lieutenant in army.
- Federal Financial Aid Programs: Government runs many scholarship programs for students from different fields. Students can search for all scholarship programs offered to psychology students over the FAFSA website. Application for government funded programs can also be made online.
More information on above mentioned programs can be obtained form their websites. In addition to these programs students can also search for scholarship programs offered by many psychology schools.
Every student that is applying for financial aid to get higher education in any field normally comes across two main source of financial aid the private and the federal aid. The federal financial aid is administered by FAFSA and most of the private aid available to students is administered through CSS college profile program. I will compare and explain both programs to help students understand the differences between the two.
The CSS College Profile
The College Board, a not for profit organization, is aimed at assisting students in entering college. It comprises of 5,400 colleges, universities and professional schools all over America.
The College Board administers the online CSS / Financial Aid PROFILE application. So far, 600 member schools of the College Board have also become members of this aid application program. The member institutes adopt the common criterion for student financial aid at different levels set out by the College Board. This application program makes the aid application process convenient because they can apply for almost all the non federal aid programs given out by colleges in one place; however individual colleges set their own deadlines and award dates for scholarships.
The CSS college profile use bases different from FAFSA to evaluate your need of financial aid, for example the FAFSSA does not consider the assets of your siblings to evaluate the money available to you. The CSS charges a fee of $25 for sending your students financial aid application to one school, additional $16 is charged for sending application to each additional school.
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is an application program run by the federal aid office of the U.S department of education. This online application provides the facility to students to apply at one place for several federal aid programs offered by the government, such as Pell grants, Stafford loans, PLUS loans, and work-study programs.
If a student is eligible for financial aid offered by these federal programs the aid is provided to the educational institution student is enrolled in. This aid normally covers considerable part of tuition and living costs. The need for student financial aid is determined by evaluating how much part of the cost can be contributed by the student’s family.
Most of accredited colleges and universities in The U.S have right to administer federal student aid. The application for federal financial aid can be made online on the website of FAFSA. There is no fee for the application.