Australia is known as the land of opportunities among students from developing countries. High quality education, excellent career opportunities and lenient immigration policy is what makes Australia an attractive country for students who wish to study aboard. In addition to excellent opportunities, students can quite easily settle in Australian society because it is an English speaking country with very few cultural differences from other developed countries. The immigration policies for students from most of the countries of world are lenient, so students can also settle in Australia permanently after completion of their studies.
Australia offers high quality education but the cost of education in Australia is quite high for international students. A degree course in an Australian college can cost anywhere between Aus$10,000 to Aus$16,000 per year. Government and TAFE institutes are a little cheaper with fees starting at Aus$ 8,000 per year. Australian government is very interested in attracting students and qualified professionals to study and work in their country, so government has started many scholarship programs for deserving international students. This article mentions some of the most popular study in Australia scholarships to highlight the opportunities available for international students.
- A E Ringwood Scholarships for PhD Research in Earth Sciences from the Australian National University.
- The Australian Development Scholarships offered to students from selected partner countries of Australia.
- Accenture Scholarship in Information Technology and Electrical Engineering offered by the University of Queensland.
- The Endeavour Awards that are awarded to students from the Middle East, the Asia-Pacific, Europe and the America.
- The Beaney Scholarship in Pathology offered by the University of Melbourne.
- The Australian Leadership Awards for students who wish to study at postgraduate level in Australian colleges and universities.
- The Adelaide Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships International offered by University of Adelaide.
- CAMD PhD and MSc Scholarships offered by the University of New South Wales for students who wish to pursue masters and PhD courses in different fields.
More information on requirements and deadlines of above mentioned programs can be viewed on their websites. Students who wish to study in Australia can search for many other scholarship programs offered to them over the internet. Scholarships search sites available over the internet can help them greatly in finding such scholarships.
Students from developing countries should also contact local Australian embassy in their country to know visa requirement for students from their country before they apply for scholarships. However, Students from almost all developed countries will face no visa problems to go to Australia.