When you are applying for any scholarship, you need to prepare the essay, which is the most important part and most often found the hardest one by students. You need to know some commonly asked scholarship questions that will help you prepare a good essay. Do not hesitate applying for the scholarship simply because you find it difficult to deal with the questions. Make preparations and plan in a perfect direction so that you are able to apply and get the scholarship money successfully.
Most of the scholarship application forms will first ask you about your field of specialization and your academic plans. The main intention behind asking this question is to know how deeply your interest is in your field of specialization and how dedicated you are about achieving your academic goals. There are few more general and some specific questions that are usually asked to the student on the basis of which the reviewing panel decides whether the money should be awarded to the student or not.
Some of the commonly asked scholarship questions are –
- How will you contribute to the betterment of the society with the help of the subject you have majored?
- What is your main goal and what do you want to be?
- What is the importance of your major in the present society?
- What are the future prospects of your major and how do you foresee it in the next 10 years?
- What are the most common problems that your field of specialization is facing?
Apart from these questions related to your major you will also be asked questions related to current affairs and social issues. For example –
- What are the most important problem prevailing in the society today?
- What is the greatest threat for our environment today?
- If you were given a chance, what changes would you like to bring in your school?
- Point out a controversial problem from your college campus and give your views of tackling it.
These are just examples. Scholarship questions can be many more and different too. You have to answer them sensibly and smartly in order to get the scholarship money.