Careers related to law enforcement are rewarding and adventurous. There are many fields that are related to law enforcement, such as law enforcement, legal, insurance etc. Salary surveys show that pay scales relative to qualification of professionals are at a very good level in almost all fields of law enforcement. No matter which field of law enforcement you are interested in, a degree in the related field can guarantee a good career in the specified field. Law enforcement related education like other education is generally expensive and most students will need some kind of financial aid to get higher education in their desired field. There are hundreds of Law enforcement scholarships available to students. Here are some of these opportunities.
- R.C. Hentges Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides financial assistance to students who are majoring in fire service, law enforcement, legal (prosecution) or insurance (investigation) fields and studying at accredited Iowa colleges. The amount of the scholarship award is $500 and deadline for application is May 1.
- Correctional Association of Massachusetts (CAM) Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides assistance to students majoring in criminal justice that have either completed at least 15 semester hours with a minimum GPA of 3.0, or held a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher during their school studies. The amount of the scholarship is $500.
- Straightforward Media Law Enforcement Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from all law enforcement related fields. The amount of the scholarship is $500, and the deadlines for applying for are March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
- Alphonso Deal Scholarship Award: These scholarship awards are provided to graduating students who are planning to join a two year or four year degree course related to law enforcement at an accredited university. The amount of the scholarship award varies with each case. The scholarships are awarded based on character, high school transcript and letters of recommendation from principals, counselors or teachers. Only US citizens can apply for this scholarship program. The deadline for application for this scholarship program is June 1.
- Monster Scholarship for Government & Public Service: This scholarship program provides financial assistance to students who are majoring in government and public service related fields. The scholarships are awarded based on academics, school and community involvement, work experience, and on basis of an essay written by the applicant. The amount of this scholarship award is $2500 and application deadline is June 1.
In addition to the above mentioned programs students can look for many other law enforcement scholarships, which can be conveniently searched over the internet.