Coca cola scholarship application can be submitted online also. If you are interested in winning this scholarship program and you fulfill the criteria for application, you should go ahead and complete the application process. Just like any other scholarship program this financial aid program is also associated with basic and specific requirements. (more…)
The importance of education is known to all. At least most of the people understand that a college degree can help them get a good and high paid job in near future. But, education is expensive and not reachable for most of the people and students. (more…)
Pepsi scholarships provide enough money to pay for college and you can easily complete your education without any financial burden. Today, most of the profit earning companies share their profit for the works done for the betterment of community and the people living there. (more…)
Usually it has been observed that when people become rich they forget about others and the problems they used to face when they lacked financial support. But in the case of Bill Gates this is wrong. Bill Gates scholarship is created and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. (more…)
Health care professionals are in great demand throughout the world. These professionals include doctors, nurses, medical technicians, medical assistants, dentists, etc. Many people opt for a profession in health care but not all are able to bear the expenses of the course of study. Fortunately, health scholarships are there to help such people out. Health care professionals are in demand and it is no surprise that many sources of grants are available which are specifically geared towards helping interested individuals to opt for a career in this field. Let us take a look at some of the health scholarships that are available.
- The first option is to fill out the FAFSA form which will enable the candidates to receive federal aid for their study efforts.
- Future health care professionals who wish to serve in high need areas of the society are financially helped by the National Health Service Corps which provides a monthly stipend, money for textbooks and tuition fees. The students will have to agree to serve in a need area with a minimum commitment for two years.
- Scholarships such as the Health professions pre-graduate scholarship, the health professions scholarship program are available for Native Americans.
- Nursing students can take advantage of the Minority Nurse Scholarship Program and National Nursing Education Initiative. Other scholarships for nurses include the Oncology Nursing Foundation Scholarships, Registered Nurse Education Scholarships, etc.
- The federal government also offers loan payoffs for the students. This could be advantageous for the candidates if they opt for a loan to pay for their education.
- Health care students with excellent leadership and academic performance can take advantage of the Tylenol scholarship.
There are a number of resources that can be helpful to the candidate in their search for a health scholarship. These most frequently include online listings. Online listing of health scholarships will help you easily find scholarships which match your academic level, location or anything else that you are desirous of. Your local library has ample information available about the local scholarships available to you. If you are looking for a health scholarship in your locality, you should really look at the local library listing and have a discussion with the library staff. There is quite fierce competition between various organizations which require healthcare professionals and are short on them. You should try to search for such organizations because they usually provide full ride scholarships plus monthly stipends to candidates. Last but not least, the candidates should contact the educational institutions for help.
Getting a scholarship to fund studies is becoming increasingly important for most students due to the sky rocketing costs of higher education. There are hundreds of scholarships offered by numerous organization based on different criteria. Most students try to look for college scholarship opportunities that are based on some popular criteria such as academic excellence or athletic performance; it is the most logical thing to do but students should not overlook the scholarship opportunities that provide aid based on unusual criteria. These scholarship opportunities provide the chance to students to fund their studies even if they do not fulfill the criteria for academic or sports scholarships. In this article I will discuss some such college scholarship opportiunites.
- If you like to drink milk and you have little athletic ability you can win a $7000 scholarship to fund your studies by writing an essay on the benefits of drinking milk and sending it with a photo of you in milk mustache. In 2010 25 such scholarships were awarded to students.
- Do you love to skate board? If you have a passion for skateboarding you can apply for the Patrick Kerr Skateboard Scholarship program. This scholarship program provides aid to four students every year. The student with first position gets a $5000 scholarship while the remaining three get $1000 scholarships.
- There are some scholarships offered to students based on height. The tall club offers scholarships to students that are over five feet ten inches tall for women and over six feet tall for men. The Little People of America group offers this award both for those with dwarfism and for individuals under four feet ten inches in height.
- Students who are in love with potatoes and want to join a course related to potato farming can get aid through Potato industry scholarships.
- If you have a talent for music you can get aid for college studies through the School Band and Orchestra Magazine Scholarship program by simply writing an essay on how music has made an impact in your life.
- If you have read the Ayn Rand’s novel, The Fountainhead and can write an essay about it you can get aid of $10000 through the scholarship program offered by The Ayn Rand Institute.
More information on above mentioned scholarship programs can be obtained from their websites. You can also search for many other scholarship opportunities based on varying criteria and offered in different regions over the internet.
There are hundreds of thousands of scholarship offers available to students all over the world, but finding a scholarship in you region that suits your needs and that you qualify for is often a very difficult task because of the different criteria for each of the scholarship offers. In this article I will tell you some ways to find scholarships more conveniently.
- Financial Aid Office: The first place to look for scholarships is the financial office of your school or college. Most of the colleges hire qualified counselors to assist students with aid matters. These counselors can provide you valuable leads to scholarship offers.
- Scholarship search sites: These online scholarship search engines are a very useful tool that can make the process of searching for scholarships very convenient. There are over 50 of such scholarship search engines that can provide complete information on almost all the scholarship offers in developed countries. They also provide information on all scholarship programs offered in developed countries but may not cover all programs in a country. Most of the scholarship search sites can also search a scholarship for you that you qualify for by letting you complete a personal information form. These search engines save a lot of your time and effort.
- Government Aid Website: If you are searching for scholarships in America, you find all scholarships offered by the U.S government on the website of the aid office of the U.S department of education also known as the FAFSA website. This site provides information and online application facility for all programs offered by government. Students from countries other than U.S may also be able to find such government websites for their countries.
- MNC’s Websites: You should also look for scholarships offered by large organizations. Almost all multinational organizations run scholarship programs in their fields for talented students. Some examples are the scholarships offered PEPSI, Intel, Mc Donald’s and Dell. You can find such scholarships with little effort over the internet.
- Newspapers: Most of the large scholarship funds and welfare organizations use newspapers to advertise their scholarship programs. Particularly students from developing countries where internet is not widely accepted as an advertisement medium should keep an eye on scholarship advertisements in newspapers.
- Discounts: You should not only look for scholarships, some colleges and universities may be willing to offer you discounts in tuition fee based on your grades or sporting excellence in the previous institute.
Scholarships for minorities in the US are offered by the government as well as organizations and companies outside the governmental framework. Given below are Negro and Latino scholarship opportunities offered by different bodies.
African American Scholarships
The scholarships for African American students mentioned below are not all the opportunities that are available; these are, in fact, some quality programs that you can apply for. You may meet the eligibility requirements of all of these programs, or you may not be eligible for any them.
United Negro College Fund
The financial aid provided by this fund will be enough for your tuition fees, accommodation charges, course books, and other fees.
Vivian Thomas Scholarship
This scholarship program awards scholarships to science and medical students.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
This opportunity is for students of all ethnic minority groups. It is awarded to accounting students only. The money that you get by winning this scholarship can be up to $5,000.
Thurgood Marshall College Fund
This fund provides a merit based scholarship. The financial aid that you will receive will cover room charges, tuition fees, books expenses and boarding.
Here are three programs that Hispanic students can take advantage of.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is awarded to up to 3500 students every year, and it is open for both graduate and undergraduate students. The money that you will get ranges from $1000 to $3000.
One of the main programs that the Hispanic Scholarship Fund supports is the Gates Millennium Scholars initiative by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This program is channeled towards minority groups in the US, such as Hispanics. The financial aid provided by the program covers tuition fees for college as well as your other financial needs. High school seniors can apply for this scholarship. The criteria for selection include: proven leaderships skills, dire need of a financial aid scholarship, and a GPA of at least 3.3/4.
First in My Family Scholarship Program
This program awards scholarships to 200 Hispanic students every year. The money provided by this program is up to $5000.
Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities Scholarship Programs
These scholarships are for students who are enrolled at a HACU college. These programs award up to $3,000 to 200 students.
These are some of the best Negro and Latino scholarship opportunities. Make sure that you apply for as many as you can, because more applications often increase the possibility of winning.
Higher education is admitted as a basic right for all and provided free in many countries of world, such as Sweden and Norway. In countries where education is not free the rising costs of education has become a major concern for government and students. In USA many government and private organization are providing scholarships to students to help them fund their college education. The largest of such organizations is The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation that runs the Gates Millennium Scholarship Program for minority students.
The Gates Millennium Scholarship Program is the largest private scholarship program in America that provides $1 billion worth of scholarships to students every year. In addition to these $1 billion scholarships the program has started offering scholarships for public health courses worth $58 million.
The scholarship program has provided 10,000 full tuition scholarships to low income students from American, Hispanic, Asian Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native and American Indian communities to pursue degrees in education, science, math’s, engineering, library science and public health. The scholarships are generally awarded based on financial need and academic excellence in relevant field.
The program requires the students to have a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or higher and to meet the criterion set out by federal Pell grant. The students are also required to demonstrate participation in community service and good leadership skills. Only students who are joining college for the first time and who are US citizens or permanent residents can apply for the scholarships.
The deadline for application is usually in January; however you can search for exact dates on the program’s website. Every applicant is required to fill three forms; the personal information form, the nominator form and the recommender form. It is also a good idea to submit proof of any extracurricular and academic achievements you have made in past. All scholarship providers generally prefer students who have extra academic skills over students who just excel academically.
The Gates Millennium Scholarship Program provides 1000 full tuition scholarships every year to students that fulfill their criteria. The amount of these scholarship awards vary with each individual’s needs, as the scholarships are aimed at providing for the tuition cots and part of living costs. However, according to 2006 statistics the average amount of award for undergraduate students was $7,000 and for graduate students was $15,000. If you are eligible to apply for scholarships offered by this program you can download the application forms from their website.
Costs of education are rising every year and so is the number of students working part time to finance their studies. Now almost every college student works part time to arrange funds for his studies. Keeping in view the financial hardships faced by students many big multinational companies have started scholarship programs for general students and students working in their companies. The most popular of these programs are the McDonald scholarships and Pepsi scholarships.
McDonald has initiated a scholarship program to help prospective students working at their company offices or retail outlets in financing their college education. The scholarships are offered once every year to students who excel academically.
One intelligent student from each of the 50 states is selected to participate in the scholarship contest. The student who wins the contest is awarded a $5000 scholarship and the other 49 students who took part in the contest are awarded $1000 scholarships to acknowledge their talents.
Prospective Students who are planning to join a college degree and who have worked for at least part time for minimum of four months with McDonald can apply for the scholarship program. Students should also have a good history of work with McDonald and be helpful in community to qualify for this scholarship program.
All applicants who fulfill the criteria of the scholarship program are required to fill an application form with the company and get their AIN numbers. After filling the form students can see updated information on their application status online, and students can also correct any mistakes made while filling the form. Every applicant should make sure that it provides all the information and documentation required by the company, as incomplete applications are not considered.
The aim of this scholarship program, as stated by the company, is to give back to the community what McDonald has got from the community. It is an excellent opportunity for prospective students working at McDonalds because the amount of the scholarship is significant that will help them finance their studies, and even if they do not win the final award, they can at least get $1000 dollar McDonald scholarships.
Students can also search for scholarships offered by other big corporations. Many corporations in the US and worldwide offer scholarships to talented students. No matter from which part of world you are, you can search for such scholarships offered by companies in your country with ease over the internet.