Kiwanis is an international organization of volunteers and they encourage students to participate in community development programs as much as possible. The Kiwanis scholarship money is given to that student who is found as the most eligible one. There are different types of community development projects that are being carried out and depending on your interest you can find (more…)
Kirk McDonald scholarship is awarded to high school seniors who have faced and overcome harsh conditions in their childhood and yet have desire to get educated. They are encouraged for the humble beginning of their lives through these scholarships and encouraged to succeed in life. (more…)
Pizza Hut scholarships are financial aids available for the employees of Pizza Hut and their spouses and children. In fact, nowadays many private businesses and organizations try to spend a part of their profit in the developmental works down for the betterment of community and the people living there. (more…)
There are hundreds of thousands of scholarship offers available to students all over the world, but finding a scholarship in you region that suits your needs and that you qualify for is often a very difficult task because of the different criteria for each of the scholarship offers. In this article I will tell you some ways to find scholarships more conveniently.
- Financial Aid Office: The first place to look for scholarships is the financial office of your school or college. Most of the colleges hire qualified counselors to assist students with aid matters. These counselors can provide you valuable leads to scholarship offers.
- Scholarship search sites: These online scholarship search engines are a very useful tool that can make the process of searching for scholarships very convenient. There are over 50 of such scholarship search engines that can provide complete information on almost all the scholarship offers in developed countries. They also provide information on all scholarship programs offered in developed countries but may not cover all programs in a country. Most of the scholarship search sites can also search a scholarship for you that you qualify for by letting you complete a personal information form. These search engines save a lot of your time and effort.
- Government Aid Website: If you are searching for scholarships in America, you find all scholarships offered by the U.S government on the website of the aid office of the U.S department of education also known as the FAFSA website. This site provides information and online application facility for all programs offered by government. Students from countries other than U.S may also be able to find such government websites for their countries.
- MNC’s Websites: You should also look for scholarships offered by large organizations. Almost all multinational organizations run scholarship programs in their fields for talented students. Some examples are the scholarships offered PEPSI, Intel, Mc Donald’s and Dell. You can find such scholarships with little effort over the internet.
- Newspapers: Most of the large scholarship funds and welfare organizations use newspapers to advertise their scholarship programs. Particularly students from developing countries where internet is not widely accepted as an advertisement medium should keep an eye on scholarship advertisements in newspapers.
- Discounts: You should not only look for scholarships, some colleges and universities may be willing to offer you discounts in tuition fee based on your grades or sporting excellence in the previous institute.
Costs of education are rising every year and so is the number of students working part time to finance their studies. Now almost every college student works part time to arrange funds for his studies. Keeping in view the financial hardships faced by students many big multinational companies have started scholarship programs for general students and students working in their companies. The most popular of these programs are the McDonald scholarships and Pepsi scholarships.
McDonald has initiated a scholarship program to help prospective students working at their company offices or retail outlets in financing their college education. The scholarships are offered once every year to students who excel academically.
One intelligent student from each of the 50 states is selected to participate in the scholarship contest. The student who wins the contest is awarded a $5000 scholarship and the other 49 students who took part in the contest are awarded $1000 scholarships to acknowledge their talents.
Prospective Students who are planning to join a college degree and who have worked for at least part time for minimum of four months with McDonald can apply for the scholarship program. Students should also have a good history of work with McDonald and be helpful in community to qualify for this scholarship program.
All applicants who fulfill the criteria of the scholarship program are required to fill an application form with the company and get their AIN numbers. After filling the form students can see updated information on their application status online, and students can also correct any mistakes made while filling the form. Every applicant should make sure that it provides all the information and documentation required by the company, as incomplete applications are not considered.
The aim of this scholarship program, as stated by the company, is to give back to the community what McDonald has got from the community. It is an excellent opportunity for prospective students working at McDonalds because the amount of the scholarship is significant that will help them finance their studies, and even if they do not win the final award, they can at least get $1000 dollar McDonald scholarships.
Students can also search for scholarships offered by other big corporations. Many corporations in the US and worldwide offer scholarships to talented students. No matter from which part of world you are, you can search for such scholarships offered by companies in your country with ease over the internet.