The scholarship jacket Marta Salinas is a beautiful short story which displays the attraction of winning the scholarships. Everyone of us know that scholarships are available for students who excel in academics and in this story the award is described as a jacket with the name of the winner imprinted in golden letters. (more…)
Creative Writing Scholarships
Creative writing scholarships high school students are available for high school students who are interested to pursue their career in creative writing. There are many creative writing enthusiasts who cannot afford the high fees of creative writing courses and find them unreachable. (more…)
Getting a scholarship to fund studies is becoming increasingly important for most students due to the sky rocketing costs of higher education. There are hundreds of scholarships offered by numerous organization based on different criteria. Most students try to look for college scholarship opportunities that are based on some popular criteria such as academic excellence or athletic performance; it is the most logical thing to do but students should not overlook the scholarship opportunities that provide aid based on unusual criteria. These scholarship opportunities provide the chance to students to fund their studies even if they do not fulfill the criteria for academic or sports scholarships. In this article I will discuss some such college scholarship opportiunites.
- If you like to drink milk and you have little athletic ability you can win a $7000 scholarship to fund your studies by writing an essay on the benefits of drinking milk and sending it with a photo of you in milk mustache. In 2010 25 such scholarships were awarded to students.
- Do you love to skate board? If you have a passion for skateboarding you can apply for the Patrick Kerr Skateboard Scholarship program. This scholarship program provides aid to four students every year. The student with first position gets a $5000 scholarship while the remaining three get $1000 scholarships.
- There are some scholarships offered to students based on height. The tall club offers scholarships to students that are over five feet ten inches tall for women and over six feet tall for men. The Little People of America group offers this award both for those with dwarfism and for individuals under four feet ten inches in height.
- Students who are in love with potatoes and want to join a course related to potato farming can get aid through Potato industry scholarships.
- If you have a talent for music you can get aid for college studies through the School Band and Orchestra Magazine Scholarship program by simply writing an essay on how music has made an impact in your life.
- If you have read the Ayn Rand’s novel, The Fountainhead and can write an essay about it you can get aid of $10000 through the scholarship program offered by The Ayn Rand Institute.
More information on above mentioned scholarship programs can be obtained from their websites. You can also search for many other scholarship opportunities based on varying criteria and offered in different regions over the internet.
Creative writing means work that is related to poetry, screenplays and fiction. Creative writing scholarships are for those students or professionals that are interested in creative writing. There are different scholarships that are available for the students and professionals and they have to find the right one and apply for it. You may be required to produce a sample of your writing so that they are able to evaluate your work and then grant you the scholarship money for the accomplishment of your project.
For example, The Armistead Maupin Creative Writing Scholarship is given to those students that are entering or practicing post-secondary education in creative writing, liberal writing or literary arts. Any student who resides in Washington, Idaho and Oregon and is in financial need can apply and get this scholarship money. Creative Writing Literature Fellowship is awarded twice a year and to those students that work in the area of creative writing, fiction, non-fiction and poetry. This scholarship is available for only published writers.
Creative writing scholarships are available for those who are in this field and each scholarship has its specific requirement. Now it is up to you and your needs, what you choose. There are plenty of types and kind available and do not get depressed if you are not able to find a scholarship that is relevant for your need. Find a related scholarship and spend some time to search for the right one. Make sure you fulfill the requirements mentioned with the application form and go through the details stated there.
You will get all information regarding availability of scholarships if you go in search of them on Internet. Internet is the best source to search for anything. However, you have to be careful and conscious while surfing the net because there are lot of scams and you better be conscious about that. Find out which scholarship is right for you and will help you achieve your goal. There are some documents that you may be asked to submit along with the duly filled application form for the creative writing scholarships. Make certain that you recheck everything before submitting them to the relevant agency