If you belong to the minority group of people and have a desire to pursue education in nursing, there are minority nursing scholarships that you can apply. No matter what field you choose, today acquiring a degree means involvement of lot of money. Today, there are different categories of financial aids available for students to help them complete their education. (more…)
Minority Nurse Scholarship
HRSA nursing scholarship is one of the financial aids offered to students who wish to pursue their career in nursing. The scholarship program helps to ease the financial burden and expenses that pile up usually when one opts for a specific course. Today, the healthcare department needs more helping hands (more…)
Health care professionals are in great demand throughout the world. These professionals include doctors, nurses, medical technicians, medical assistants, dentists, etc. Many people opt for a profession in health care but not all are able to bear the expenses of the course of study. Fortunately, health scholarships are there to help such people out. Health care professionals are in demand and it is no surprise that many sources of grants are available which are specifically geared towards helping interested individuals to opt for a career in this field. Let us take a look at some of the health scholarships that are available.
- The first option is to fill out the FAFSA form which will enable the candidates to receive federal aid for their study efforts.
- Future health care professionals who wish to serve in high need areas of the society are financially helped by the National Health Service Corps which provides a monthly stipend, money for textbooks and tuition fees. The students will have to agree to serve in a need area with a minimum commitment for two years.
- Scholarships such as the Health professions pre-graduate scholarship, the health professions scholarship program are available for Native Americans.
- Nursing students can take advantage of the Minority Nurse Scholarship Program and National Nursing Education Initiative. Other scholarships for nurses include the Oncology Nursing Foundation Scholarships, Registered Nurse Education Scholarships, etc.
- The federal government also offers loan payoffs for the students. This could be advantageous for the candidates if they opt for a loan to pay for their education.
- Health care students with excellent leadership and academic performance can take advantage of the Tylenol scholarship.
There are a number of resources that can be helpful to the candidate in their search for a health scholarship. These most frequently include online listings. Online listing of health scholarships will help you easily find scholarships which match your academic level, location or anything else that you are desirous of. Your local library has ample information available about the local scholarships available to you. If you are looking for a health scholarship in your locality, you should really look at the local library listing and have a discussion with the library staff. There is quite fierce competition between various organizations which require healthcare professionals and are short on them. You should try to search for such organizations because they usually provide full ride scholarships plus monthly stipends to candidates. Last but not least, the candidates should contact the educational institutions for help.
Health care profession is further subdivided in to a number of different professions, such as doctors, nurses etc. No matter which profession you belong to, healthcare professionals are one of the most high demand professionals in the job market. Health care education is expensive and for most students it is difficult to get health care education without some financial assistance. There are numerous healthcare scholarships provided by different sources to encourage students to join healthcare related professions in order to meet the increasing demand of job market.
Health care scholarships are awarded based on varying criteria; some scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, some are based on community service or financial need, and some are based on an agreement to work for the scholarship provider for a specified period. The criterion for the award depends upon the awarding body. This article highlights some scholarship opportunities available to health care students.
- National Nursing Education Initiative is an organization that provides assistance to diploma registered nurses and associate degree nurses who are working towards their BSNs.
- The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions Scholarship of Excellence Award is a scholarship program that provides scholarships to students from all health related fields.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program provides assistance to Family nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students and medical students. The students can get their tuition fees of up to four years paid by these scholarships.
- Oncology Nursing Foundation Scholarships offers scholarships to registered Nurse license holders for further studies. The amount of the scholarship award is $2000.
- Mount Sinai Hospital’s BSN Student Scholarship/Work Repayment Program is a health care scholarship program that provides $3000 scholarships to last year nursing students in exchange to an agreement to work for their hospital for a specified period.
- Minority Nurse Scholarship Program provides assistance to nursing students from ethnic minority communities. The scholarship is awarded to nursing students working towards a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The amount of the award is $500 to $1000.
- Nurse Options Registered Nurse Academic Scholarships provide financial assistance to registered nurse students. The scholarships are awarded based on GPA, community service, leadership and extra academic activities.
More information on above mentioned programs can be obtained from their websites. Health care students can search for many other health care scholarships offered by different organizations. There are over 50 scholarship search engines available over the internet that can help you in searching for scholarships.
Medical is a diverse field that has many sub fields, such as nursing, doctorate, medical technicians etc. These sub fields are further divided into many more sub fields. All of these sub-fields offer excellent job opportunities to qualified professionals. Whatever may be the field you are interested in, the cost of a medical related degree is generally very high and the lengthy curriculum does not allow you to do much part time work. There are hundreds of scholarship program that can help you finance you medical related studies. This article highlights 10 such programs.
Occupational/Physical Therapy Scholarship (DAR) is a scholarship programs that offers $500 scholarships to students who are majoring in occupational or physical therapy.
Associate and baccalaureate degree nursing students can receive financial assistance of up to $10,000 over two years. These scholarships are awarded by Registered Nurse Education Scholarships.
The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions runs scholarships program that offers financial assistance to students from all medical related fields. The scholarships are awarded based on academic merit.
Nurse Options Registered Nurse Academic Scholarships provide assistance to nurse students who have proof of high GPA, community service, leadership and extracurricular activities.
NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program offers financial assistance of up to $20,000. Students will have to do 10 weeks of work with NIH in exchange of the scholarship.
Oncology Nursing Foundation Scholarships provide financial assistance of $2000 to Current Registered Nurse license holders for further studies.
Mount Sinai Hospital’s BSN Student Scholarship/Work Repayment Program provides $3000 per semester scholarships to nursing students. The scholarship is tied to an agreement to work with the hospital after completion of studies.
Minority Nurse Scholarship Program offers $1000 and $500 scholarships to nursing students from ethnic minorities.
Family nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students and medical students can receive a scholarship that covers four years of tuition fees and expenses, as well as provide monthly stipend, from National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program. The aid is tied to an agreement to serve in an area with health professional shortage.
Diploma registered nurses and associate degree nurses who are working towards their BSNs are provided scholarships by National Nursing Education Initiative. These scholarships are merit based.
More information on above mentioned scholarship programs can be obtained from their websites. You can also search for hundreds of other scholarships offered to medical related students over the internet.