We all are aware that scholarships are available for students who have the caliber and are excellent academically but do not have the financial support to complete their education. There are a number of financial aid programs made available to deserving and needy students and scholarships for students with epilepsy is also added to the huge list. (more…)
It is a common misconception that scholarships are only for the students who are on top in their studies and are physically able as well. The have good participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as well. It is a misconception because many scholarships are awarded to students who are less able in their studies and other activities and are also awarded to students who have disabilities. One example of such type of scholarships is the epilepsy scholarship.
The organization that is on the forefront in providing financial help to the students suffering from epilepsy is the famous pharmaceutical company Pfizer. Pfizer epilepsy scholarships are provided to students who are suffering from epilepsy but cannot afford their education. The company provides a minimum of $3000 to the students and requires the students to be taking anti-epileptic drugs and under the care of their physicians.
All the required documents and paperwork must be completed well within time. It is also required of the student to be good in academic performance.
The student must also file two recommendation letters and at least one of them must be from the physician. The application form can be downloaded from the website of the organization and a person can also find out about the eligibility criteria and other requirements from the website. All the information submitted in the application form must be true to the best knowledge of the student. It is usually better to complete all the application preparation well within the deadline. For this it is necessary to have knowledge of the deadline.
Some other epilepsy scholarships are:
- Keppra Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program provides 20 scholarships worth $5000 each to students with epilepsy or their caretakers.
- Epilepsy Foundation Scholarship Fund is for high school students of the Peoria area and provides a fund of $500.
- Elam Baer and Janis Clay Educational Scholarship are for high school seniors already accepted in a post-secondary course and are worth $1000.
- The Epilepsy foundation of Western/Central Pennsylvania offers 5 $1000 scholarships to high school students already enrolled for college.
- The Epilepsy Foundation of Idaho provides scholarships to high school or college students with epilepsy and provides money worth $1000.
These were some of the epilepsy scholarships available in the U.S. Many more epilepsy scholarships can be researched out from the Internet. These might also include international epilepsy scholarships. The generally routines which need to be followed are to find out as much good opportunities as possible and to apply to as many of them.