The cost of education is staggering and overwhelming especially for the students who are interested to pursue a specific career. The good thing about the present day is that there are many scholarships and grants available for all types of students. If you are a student it does not matter whether you are interested in studying the mainstream (more…)
Studying in another country is the dream of many ambitious and adventurous students. The main aim in studying abroad for most students is to get valuable multicultural experience and exposure; however, students from developing countries generally wish to study aboard for better quality education then their home country.
Studying in another country is expensive because you will have to provide for the expenses of living and study together with other little expenses. There are many private and government organizations that provide travel scholarships to students to help them study in another country; one example of such programs is the Thomas J. Watson Fellowship program that provides aid to students to study outside US for one year. The following 6 tips can help you in getting travel scholarships:
- It is a good idea to appoint a counselor for yourself if you are looking for scholarships aboard. This is highly recommended because these professionals have knowledge of varying terms and conditions of different government and colleges in different countries of world, and they can provide you assistance to get through the scholarship and visa processes.
- You can talk to your counselor or research personally about countries that offer high quality education at lower costs. One example of such countries is South Africa that provides high quality education at low tuition fees and with low living costs as well.
- You can look for confirm discounts in addition to scholarships. Some countries have trend of offering these confirm discounts to every student that enrolls in a particular field or course. This trend is particularly prevalent in the UK.
- Prepare all your documents in advance of applying for a scholarship. The requirements for documents greatly depend on the country your are applying in. In some countries colleges will not be concerned with anything other than your educational documents, but in some other countries colleges may require you to submit bank statements and other documents. Your counselor can provide you complete information on such requirements.
- IF you have not appointed a counselor you should know the visa requirements of each country before you apply for a scholarship in that country, only apply if your are able to meet those requirements. These visa requirements can be seen online on foreign office websites of different countries.
- You should also bear in mind that in most cases you will be required to get travel insurance before you can leave your country, in addition to it some countries may require you to arrange a health insurance.
As there are different types of scholarships, there is travel scholarship available for students who need to travel while acquiring their education. Usually, scholarship money is provided to students who excel in their academic field. There are scholarships that are based on the needs of students as well. The students have to prove that they are dedicated and committed towards achieving their academic degree. Whatever is the field of education, the student has to be more than sufficient so that the student is able to accomplish his scholastic needs.
If you are facing any kind of financial crisis, you can find and apply for the most suitable scholarship that has the capability of fulfilling your needs. You also have to go through the qualifying factors and see to it that you fulfill them properly. You will have to provide essays on the topic given in the application form. These essays are meant to know what is the thinking of the student regarding his career and future. Also, the panel is interested to know what is the student going to do for the betterment of community and society once he or she completes the academic qualification.
Travel scholarship helps students go for educational tours and they cover almost everything related to the tour, for example accommodation and food expenses also. The scholarship money is more than sufficient and the student is able to complete his tour, as it should be. If you have to write essays you can also go through various articles that will give you tips and provide guidelines so that the essay looks impressive and is able to persuade the panel members.
When you are applying for scholarships you have to show your desire to succeed because this motivates the individual in achieving excellence in any endeavor. Express your feelings and dedication through the essays that you will produce along with the scholarship application. When you are applying for travel scholarship, you should collect information on different types of places and show your interest in the field. To gather information on different places does not require traveling to those places. You can have all information on Internet as well.