Rules of scholarships are very important and every applicant should be aware of them before applying for the scholarship program. Every scholarship has requirements and some terms and conditions on which they select candidates for the award money. If you are interested in applying for any scholarship program, you need to gather details (more…)
Law Enforcement Scholarships
Legal profession has been one of the most high earning and elite profession in most of the developing countries of world since decades. A rewarding career in law enforcement is the dream of many students when they leave school, but most of them are unable to fulfill their dreams due to the high cost of a Law degree. Scholarships for college in the law field are few and the competition for the available scholarships is normally fierce. However, each law enforcement student must try his luck on the available scholarships because if you do not apply you never know if you could select. In this article I will explain some criminal justice scholarship programs available to law students.
- Correctional Association of Massachusetts (CAM) Scholarship Program: This program provides aid to students who have been accepted on a criminal justice program in a recognized college and who have a school GPA of 3.0. Students who have completed one year at the college can also apply for the aid if they have GPA of 3.0 or above. The program awards two $500 scholarships to students every year.
- R.C. Hentges Scholarship Program: This program provides aid to students enrolled in a fire service, law enforcement, legal (prosecution) or insurance (investigation) degree program. Two $500 scholarships are awarded each year to successful applicants.
- Monster Scholarship for Government & Public Service Students: This program provides aid to students enrolled in a government or public service majors. To apply for the scholarships, applicants have to submit an essay and show proof of community service. Successful applicants are awarded $2500 scholarships.
- Straightforward Media Law Enforcement Scholarship Program: This program provides aid to students enrolled in any law related degree. Each year four $500 scholarships are awarded by the program.
- Alphonso Deal Scholarship Award: This scholarship for college program provides aid to students that are planning to enroll on a two year or four years degree program in law related fields. The students will have to submit their school results and letters of recommendation from previous teachers to apply for this scholarship programs. Only US citizens can apply for this award. The amount of this scholarship award varies with each individual.
More information in above mentioned programs is available on their websites. If you do little effort over the internet you will be able to find some other scholarships programs that can help you in getting your law enforcement degree.
Careers related to law enforcement are rewarding and adventurous. There are many fields that are related to law enforcement, such as law enforcement, legal, insurance etc. Salary surveys show that pay scales relative to qualification of professionals are at a very good level in almost all fields of law enforcement. No matter which field of law enforcement you are interested in, a degree in the related field can guarantee a good career in the specified field. Law enforcement related education like other education is generally expensive and most students will need some kind of financial aid to get higher education in their desired field. There are hundreds of Law enforcement scholarships available to students. Here are some of these opportunities.
- R.C. Hentges Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides financial assistance to students who are majoring in fire service, law enforcement, legal (prosecution) or insurance (investigation) fields and studying at accredited Iowa colleges. The amount of the scholarship award is $500 and deadline for application is May 1.
- Correctional Association of Massachusetts (CAM) Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides assistance to students majoring in criminal justice that have either completed at least 15 semester hours with a minimum GPA of 3.0, or held a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher during their school studies. The amount of the scholarship is $500.
- Straightforward Media Law Enforcement Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from all law enforcement related fields. The amount of the scholarship is $500, and the deadlines for applying for are March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
- Alphonso Deal Scholarship Award: These scholarship awards are provided to graduating students who are planning to join a two year or four year degree course related to law enforcement at an accredited university. The amount of the scholarship award varies with each case. The scholarships are awarded based on character, high school transcript and letters of recommendation from principals, counselors or teachers. Only US citizens can apply for this scholarship program. The deadline for application for this scholarship program is June 1.
- Monster Scholarship for Government & Public Service: This scholarship program provides financial assistance to students who are majoring in government and public service related fields. The scholarships are awarded based on academics, school and community involvement, work experience, and on basis of an essay written by the applicant. The amount of this scholarship award is $2500 and application deadline is June 1.
In addition to the above mentioned programs students can look for many other law enforcement scholarships, which can be conveniently searched over the internet.