Ambassadorial scholarship program is probably the best known funding programs and the oldest one of the Rotary Foundation. Not only this, this scholarship program is the world’s largest international scholarship program funded by any private source. (more…)
International federation of university women scholarships is funded by International Federation of University Women, which is an international non-profit organization for women graduates. This organization was founded by women in 1919. (more…)
Fulbright scholarships are sponsored and administered by the government of United States. This scholarship money is available for those students who are interested in studying abroad or for those international students who wish to pursue their education in the United States. (more…)
Fulbright foundation scholarship program is sponsored by the US government and the main intention of the government was to increase mutual understanding between the people of United States and other countries. This program has sponsored a number of students by now and is intended to support various students complete their education. (more…)
Australia is a special place for adventurous students looking for an excellent opportunity to study in a multicultural environment. Fitting-inn is easy as it is an English speaking country with only some differences in culture and living standards. Students looking for a study abroad scholarship can find one to study in Australia as different awarding authorities: Australian government, educational institutions and other organizations provide many financial aid scholarships. You can apply for a scholarship in Australia if you are an exchange student, research student, full course student, or an undergraduate or graduate training student.
Study Abroad Scholarship Programs in Australia
Scholarships offered by the Australian government include:
1) Australian Development Scholarships: The Australian government and its partner countries cooperate to provide this scholarship. The purpose of it is to support studies made to make advancements in the fields of human development, good governance and economic growth. As a winner of this scholarship, you are expected to apply the experience and qualifications you get to your home country.
2) Australian Leadership Awards: This scholarship is for postgraduate students who want to study in Australia. These awards also provide short-term fellowships in specialized fields of study or research. Australian Leadership Awards are for students and professionals belonging to the field of social and economic development and policy reform.
3) Endeavour Awards: These awards are for Asia-Pacific, Middle Eastern, European and American students. The competition is high for this award due to its worldwide reach, wherein two students belonging to the same country can win. This is a merit-based scholarship, and the award given is $30,000/ year.
Other sources for study abroad scholarships include: educational institutions, foundations and corporations. Every educational institution offers many scholarships in each field of study. Here are some of the scholarships you can apply for:
1) IWC Water Leader Scholarships offered by the University of Queensland
2) A E Ringwood Scholarships for PhD Research in Earth Sciences offered by the Australian National University.
3) Beaney Scholarship in Pathology offered by University of Melbourne,
4) Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS) offered by the University of Tasmania, and
5) CAMD PhD and MSc Scholarships offered by the University of New South Wales
Study abroad scholarships in Australia can help you pay college fees and get the degree to you want. So, if you plan on studying in an institution outside your country in a multicultural environment, you can consider these scholarships.
The number of scholarships offered in America and the rest of the world is increasing every year to help more and more students get their college degrees. The increasing cost of college education has also forced almost all students to look for some kind of financial aid. Financial aid to students is available in form of scholarships, grants and loans. While almost every students is worried about when are scholarships taxable, most of the students looking for scholarships are unaware of the tax consequences of scholarship money they will get. The college aid office do provide guidance on taxability but good quality guidance on taxability is only available from tax professionals that obviously charge a fee for it. In this article I will throw some light on taxability of scholarships.
A scholarship can be taxable by tax authorities when it is regarded as your income. Scholarships can be regarded as your income depending on different factors. The first thing that will affect the taxability of scholarships is the purpose scholarships are awarded for. Scholarships that cover tuition fee or books are mostly tax free, and scholarships that are aimed at paying for living costs are generally taxable. If your scholarship covers both tuition and living costs your scholarships can be partially taxable.
Another factor that affects the taxability of scholarships is the awarding body of scholarships. If the scholarships are awarded by government they may be tax free even if they cover your living costs, accommodation, meals etc Scholarships awarded by private organizations and colleges are mostly taxable. However some organizations may have arranged a tax exemption for you from the government.
Another dimension to are scholarships taxable is the citizenship of the winning person. If the person is a non-citizen in America the scholarship may be taxable even if it covers tuition fee. International students who have won a scholarship can ask the scholarship provider for more information on taxability of their scholarships. Scholarship providers genrally help international students with tax matters.
Most of the time a student gets a scholarship, he will be notified whether he needs to file a tax return or not. The above article sets out general guide lines for taxability of scholarships. For more information students can search for websites by tax professionals that can help them understand tax consequences of their particular scholarship. There are a lot of sites on the internet that provide free guidance on tax matters.
Nursing is one of the few careers that have remained in high demand even when there is a recession in economies worldwide. Almost every country in world has a shortage of qualified nurses, which has translated in to high pay scales for nursing professionals. By far nursing was considered a female dominated profession with very few qualified male nurses, however the trends are changing and more and more men are joining nursing degrees nowadays.
To help students get expensive nursing education there are many nursing scholarships, but these scholarships are generally offered to women only. However, with the increasing number of male nursing students some nursing scholarships for men are also being offered. One such example is the scholarships offered by The American Assembly for Men in Nursing. The organization offers numerous scholarship programs for male nursing students to encourage male students to join the nursing profession. Complete information on all their programs and criteria for application you can visit aamn.org/aamnfoundationscholarships.htm.
In addition to the nursing scholarships for men offered by The American Assembly for Men in Nursing, there are many other scholarship programs offered to male nurses based on different criteria. Some programs are also offered for veterans in nursing and some other programs are offered for single dads who cannot afford nursing education.
There are also some nursing scholarship programs offered for international students. These programs can provide students with the unique opportunity of studying in another culture. However, these programs are generally tough to qualify for and most colleges offer small discounts in fee to international student rather than full scholarships.
Searching for nursing scholarships for men is the first and most hectic step in getting a nursing scholarship. The best and the easiest way to search for these scholarships is to search for them over scholarship search engines available over the internet. There are several of these scholarships search engines. They provide you access to a large database of scholarships in all fields offered in your home country and aboard. Many of these scholarship search engines also provide you the facility of searching for a scholarship according to your own eligibility; they will require you to fill a form explaining you past academic performance and then they will automatically search for a scholarship that you qualify for.
Students from developing countries may not get information on all programs offered in their countries over these scholarship search sites, so they will have to search randomly over the internet.
Studying in another country is the dream of many ambitious and adventurous students. The main aim in studying abroad for most students is to get valuable multicultural experience and exposure; however, students from developing countries generally wish to study aboard for better quality education then their home country.
Studying in another country is expensive because you will have to provide for the expenses of living and study together with other little expenses. There are many private and government organizations that provide travel scholarships to students to help them study in another country; one example of such programs is the Thomas J. Watson Fellowship program that provides aid to students to study outside US for one year. The following 6 tips can help you in getting travel scholarships:
- It is a good idea to appoint a counselor for yourself if you are looking for scholarships aboard. This is highly recommended because these professionals have knowledge of varying terms and conditions of different government and colleges in different countries of world, and they can provide you assistance to get through the scholarship and visa processes.
- You can talk to your counselor or research personally about countries that offer high quality education at lower costs. One example of such countries is South Africa that provides high quality education at low tuition fees and with low living costs as well.
- You can look for confirm discounts in addition to scholarships. Some countries have trend of offering these confirm discounts to every student that enrolls in a particular field or course. This trend is particularly prevalent in the UK.
- Prepare all your documents in advance of applying for a scholarship. The requirements for documents greatly depend on the country your are applying in. In some countries colleges will not be concerned with anything other than your educational documents, but in some other countries colleges may require you to submit bank statements and other documents. Your counselor can provide you complete information on such requirements.
- IF you have not appointed a counselor you should know the visa requirements of each country before you apply for a scholarship in that country, only apply if your are able to meet those requirements. These visa requirements can be seen online on foreign office websites of different countries.
- You should also bear in mind that in most cases you will be required to get travel insurance before you can leave your country, in addition to it some countries may require you to arrange a health insurance.
Australia is known as the land of opportunities among students from developing countries. High quality education, excellent career opportunities and lenient immigration policy is what makes Australia an attractive country for students who wish to study aboard. In addition to excellent opportunities, students can quite easily settle in Australian society because it is an English speaking country with very few cultural differences from other developed countries. The immigration policies for students from most of the countries of world are lenient, so students can also settle in Australia permanently after completion of their studies.
Australia offers high quality education but the cost of education in Australia is quite high for international students. A degree course in an Australian college can cost anywhere between Aus$10,000 to Aus$16,000 per year. Government and TAFE institutes are a little cheaper with fees starting at Aus$ 8,000 per year. Australian government is very interested in attracting students and qualified professionals to study and work in their country, so government has started many scholarship programs for deserving international students. This article mentions some of the most popular study in Australia scholarships to highlight the opportunities available for international students.
- A E Ringwood Scholarships for PhD Research in Earth Sciences from the Australian National University.
- The Australian Development Scholarships offered to students from selected partner countries of Australia.
- Accenture Scholarship in Information Technology and Electrical Engineering offered by the University of Queensland.
- The Endeavour Awards that are awarded to students from the Middle East, the Asia-Pacific, Europe and the America.
- The Beaney Scholarship in Pathology offered by the University of Melbourne.
- The Australian Leadership Awards for students who wish to study at postgraduate level in Australian colleges and universities.
- The Adelaide Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships International offered by University of Adelaide.
- CAMD PhD and MSc Scholarships offered by the University of New South Wales for students who wish to pursue masters and PhD courses in different fields.
More information on requirements and deadlines of above mentioned programs can be viewed on their websites. Students who wish to study in Australia can search for many other scholarship programs offered to them over the internet. Scholarships search sites available over the internet can help them greatly in finding such scholarships.
Students from developing countries should also contact local Australian embassy in their country to know visa requirement for students from their country before they apply for scholarships. However, Students from almost all developed countries will face no visa problems to go to Australia.
A lot of students out there have dreams of pursuing their studies overseas. However, such a goal can really cost a lot and for students who simply do not have the finances necessary for pursuing such a dream, international scholarships are often the only viable way of making this dream come true. Indeed studying abroad is a very expensive investment although every cent you put into it can really be worthwhile given the possible experience you can get out of it which is absolutely priceless even in the absence of international scholarships paving the way.
At this point you are probably wondering where you can take your shot at international scholarships for students such as yourself. Well, a good place to start your search is the source known as the International Scholarship Search. It provides one of the best information on international scholarships and financial assistance for deserving students. Some of the best things that you can find here that might just aid you in securing international scholarships include a huge list of scholarships and grants or loan options. One that I found today was a scholarship in Argentina.
International scholarships is certainly the best way out there to pursue your dreams of studying abroad, however, having a shot at one is certainly not as easy as a walk in the park. For many students, getting international scholarships is just too hard. Taking out a scholarship loan is by far the easier option. However, you must thoroughly think it over before doing so since scholarship loans may cause a huge problem on your finances that could take years to settle. The great thing about scholarship loans though is that it basically covers your entire expenses for studying abroad and that you don’t need to worry about having to dish out more money for expenses such as accommodations or transportation.
Schools will typically offer opportunities for international scholarships but they are often insufficient to finance all of the expenses necessary for studying abroad such as food, transportation and lodging expenses. Thus it is best to seek out multiple scholarship opportunities which may just result in additional funds that you can use to pursue this dream of yours.