Australia is a special place for adventurous students looking for an excellent opportunity to study in a multicultural environment. Fitting-inn is easy as it is an English speaking country with only some differences in culture and living standards. Students looking for a study abroad scholarship can find one to study in Australia as different awarding authorities: Australian government, educational institutions and other organizations provide many financial aid scholarships. You can apply for a scholarship in Australia if you are an exchange student, research student, full course student, or an undergraduate or graduate training student.
Study Abroad Scholarship Programs in Australia
Scholarships offered by the Australian government include:
1) Australian Development Scholarships: The Australian government and its partner countries cooperate to provide this scholarship. The purpose of it is to support studies made to make advancements in the fields of human development, good governance and economic growth. As a winner of this scholarship, you are expected to apply the experience and qualifications you get to your home country.
2) Australian Leadership Awards: This scholarship is for postgraduate students who want to study in Australia. These awards also provide short-term fellowships in specialized fields of study or research. Australian Leadership Awards are for students and professionals belonging to the field of social and economic development and policy reform.
3) Endeavour Awards: These awards are for Asia-Pacific, Middle Eastern, European and American students. The competition is high for this award due to its worldwide reach, wherein two students belonging to the same country can win. This is a merit-based scholarship, and the award given is $30,000/ year.
Other sources for study abroad scholarships include: educational institutions, foundations and corporations. Every educational institution offers many scholarships in each field of study. Here are some of the scholarships you can apply for:
1) IWC Water Leader Scholarships offered by the University of Queensland
2) A E Ringwood Scholarships for PhD Research in Earth Sciences offered by the Australian National University.
3) Beaney Scholarship in Pathology offered by University of Melbourne,
4) Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS) offered by the University of Tasmania, and
5) CAMD PhD and MSc Scholarships offered by the University of New South Wales
Study abroad scholarships in Australia can help you pay college fees and get the degree to you want. So, if you plan on studying in an institution outside your country in a multicultural environment, you can consider these scholarships.