Engineering is a specific field of studies and has many branches in it. Depending on the interest and future prospects, students choose the précised field of education. Therefore, government scholarships for engineering are made available so that those students who have the caliber and desire to study engineering (more…)
Architecture scholarships are of great assistance for an architecture student as they are free money and there is plenty of money involved throughout the course. Usually colleges and universities offer various general as well as departmental scholarships and getting in touch with the financial aid office can help you find some of them. (more…)
If you are looking for archeology scholarships for college, the best place to start with is internet. Here you will have a large database and a list of scholarships. Depending on your capability and educational background, you can select the most suitable one. (more…)
The offer of scholarships graduate school has helped many students achieve their career goals and lead a good and comfortable lifestyle as well. After spending few years many students realize that by simply graduating school they are not able to continue and have a good paid job. (more…)
Blown film extrusion scholarships are designed and created for students who are interested to opt for education and training in blown film extrusion process. Nowadays, there are different fields of education and students opt for different types and areas depending on their interests and the future prospects as well. (more…)
Aeronautical engineering association scholarships are administered by The American Society of Engineering Education. This administrative body takes the responsibility of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Aeronautics Scholarship Program. (more…)
Environmental engineering scholarships are available for students at undergraduate and graduate level. Many schools offer this scholarship program under different types of environmental engineering programs. There are other private and professional organizations as well as foundations that offer scholarships and grants for students interested to study environmental engineering programs. (more…)
Education is considered valuable in the Filipino community. Most Filipinos work in the healthcare industry with nursing being one of the top professions they choose. Several organizations offer Filipino scholarships to support bright students who need the financial assistance. Here are few of these scholarships.
Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund
The fund has five scholarships, each worth $5,000 for Filipino American California residents pursuing a career in engineering to attend four-year colleges or universities. They provide scholarships for SAT preparation courses and college admissions counseling as well.
Filipino American Human Services, Inc Scholarship
The FAHSI College Scholarship Program, also called the Frederick and Demi Seguritan Scholarship, provides each winner a renewable award of $5,000 per year for four years. The winner (one person) of this scholarship is a Filipino/Filipino American graduating high school senior who shows a passion for business and serving the Filipino community.
Filipino Bar Association of Northern California Legal Scholarship
This scholarship is for law students who want to serve the Filipino American community. 1 to 3 scholarships of $1,000 to $2,500 are offered every year.
Lapiz Family Scholarship
This scholarship is for University of California students who are farm workers or children of farm or migrant workers.
Maria Elena Yuchengco Memorial Journalism Scholarship
Filipino American students who are interested in studying journalism at any U.S. college or university can apply for this scholarship.
Helen and L.S. Wong Memorial Scholarship
High school students of Asian heritage belonging to the Fairfield and Suisun high school can apply for this award.
Human Capital Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to first-generation University of California students who belong to underrepresented groups.
Shui Kuen and Allen Chin Scholarship
This scholarship is designed for you If you are a current full-time undergraduate or graduate student who is working or has worked at a restaurant that is owned by an Asian or serves Asian cuisine, or if at least one of your parents has worked or is working in such a restaurant.
This fund is for summer internships for supporting an undergraduate student studying at Yale and working at a non-profit organization that serves an Asian community in the US.
Hawaii Filipino Community Foundation Scholarships
Here are some these foundation scholarships:
- Ambassador Minerva Jean Falcon Hawaii Scholarship.
- Filipino Nurses’ Organization of Hawai‘i Scholarship.
- Philippine Cultural Foundation of Hawai‘i Scholarship Fund.
There are many sources for finding Filipino scholarships. Search online to find more information about the opportunities.
Environmental science is a wonderful area of study. Not only does it afford a study of the various mesmerizing ecosystems of the earth, it is also concerned with protecting our environment for future generations and more efficient resource use. It is not surprising that many organizations are more than willing to support the students who want to work in a field of study related to the environment. Environmental scholarships are offered by many different organizations to support the development of future environmental scientists or people from other professions who are interested in environmental work. Let us take a look at some of the options that are available.
- Annie’s Homegrown Sustainable Agricultural Scholarship offers an annual scholarship ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 to brilliant undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in food and agricultural related degrees.
- Brower Youth Awards is an annual scholarship worth $3,000 and is awarded to six young environmental activists and students. Other privileges include a gathering in San Francisco and participation in the Bioneers conference and an overnight backpacking trip.
- Department of Natural Resources Environmental Education Scholarships is worth $1,000 (renewable). It is offered to minority students who are residents of and students in the state of Missouri. It is awarded to graduate and undergraduate students from a wide range of environmental fields.
- Dr. W. Wesley Eckenfelder Scholarship is an annual scholarship worth $3,000. It is offered to students of environmental science and environmental engineering (also civil, mechanical and agricultural engineering).
- Garden Club of America Scholarship is designed to promote the love of gardening. It offers three scholarships worth $2,000 each to students and working professionals in the field of horticulture and other gardening fields.
- National Environmental Health Association Scholarship is worth $1,000 and is offered to graduate and undergraduate students of environmental health and public health in their junior and senior years.
- Middlebury Fellowship in Environmental Journalism provides a handsome sum of $10,000 in living and reporting expenses to ten writers at the beginning of their career. This scholarship ensures the survival of environmental journalism.
- Switzer Foundation Fellowship is for exceptional environmental grad students from New England and California. Accepted fellows receive a $15,000 award.
This was an outline of some of the options that are available to the students of environment related fields. There could still be many more organizations that are willing to support the students who want to opt for and environment related field of study. The internet should be consulted for further information.
Outside scholarships refers to financial aid provided by non-governmental organizations. This aid is distinct from the one provided by Universities and other government owned institutions. The obvious advantage of outside scholarships is their diversity. There is no shortage of choice but the student must thoroughly research the credibility of the institution and the eligibility criteria. Let us take a look at some of the options available for various fields.
- ‘Caretoon contest’ provided by National Liberty Museum offers an amount of $1,000 to contestants of all ages who can make cartoons in the ‘abbyak’ theme.
- ‘Princess Grace Awards Program’ provided by the Princess Grace Foundation offers an amount of $5,000-$25,000 to theater, dance or film majors. The applicants must be US residents and must be nominated by the Dean or Chairperson of their Departments.
- ‘Student Academy Awards’ provided by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences offers financial aid to filmmaker with no previous experience.
- ‘The Collegiate Inventors Competition’ provided by the National Inventors Hall of Fame Foundations offers an amount of $15,000-$25,000. The award money is provided to an inventor with an original idea.
- ‘Elmer Carvey Memorial Scholarship’ provided by the American Vacuum Society offers an amount of $3,000 to current undergraduates or entering students in the field of chemistry, physics, materials science, engineering, etc.
- Allied Health-care Scholarship Program provides an amount of up to $4,500 to students enrolled in various healthcare disciplines. Visit http://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HPEF/AHS.html for details.
- Dr. Amanda Perez Scholarship by the Latino Medical Student Association is awarded to students committed to a career in medicine and desirous to serve the Latino community.
- Men of Principle Scholarship by the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity offer an amount of $500 to male Undergraduate students attending the University of California Irvine.
- The Sara’s wish scholarship fund provides a variable amount of money to female undergraduate students for work or study abroad.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Merit Scholarship provides a funding of $750 to $2,500 to full time college sophomores with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Fellowship for Minority Students offers an amount of $2,500 – $5,000 to highly motivated individuals from an underrepresented community. The academic record of the candidates must be excellent.
These were some of the options that are available as far as the outside scholarships are concerned. There are many more opportunities to look for. Conduct some online research and take your pick. Goodluck.