Nowadays various scholarships and grants are made available to students so that the cost of education is alleviated to some extent. Different types of scholarships for Georgia teachers are available for those who are interested in the prestigious career of teaching. These scholarships cover the needs of students pursuing degree of teaching and seeking higher educational degrees (more…)
Mathematics is one of the fundamental subjects and a dedicated and well qualified math teacher is always in demand. The cost of education stops many students to proceed and major in mathematics. Those who are aware and conscious apply for math teacher scholarship and many other scholarships and grants that help them alleviate some of the costs of college education. (more…)
Teaching is a noble profession and many opt for teaching just because they have the passion to teach students and help them grow well. This is the reason why there are some teaching scholarships for post baccalaureate so that students opt for this profession. (more…)
To become a teacher it is very important you have a graduate degree and at the same time a teaching degree too. The cost of education is extremely high and majority of the students find it difficult to cope with the high fees and expensive stuff needed for the completion of education. (more…)
Nowadays scholarships are available for different reasons and so there is financial aid available for all types of career options. If you are interested in teaching career, you can apply for teach scholarship program. No matter what your career decision is or what your field of education is, with a little bit of research and right focus you will be able to find appropriate and suitable financial aid program. (more…)
Scholarships for male black in teaching in Albany state university in Georgia is available to increase diversity in the public school system of the nation. Along with the government several private donors are offering money to promote minority educators specifically. (more…)
Scholarships for ESL bilingual teachers are available and accessible for those who know at least two languages. ESL does not give stress on proficiency in second language and so recipients must need the basic criteria of applying for scholarship programs. (more…)
The students who are interested to opt for teaching special education as their career, there are many college special education scholarship programs available for them. The scholarships are available through central, state and local governments and you can apply for the one with which you have better chances of winning. (more…)
Scholarships for education majors are offered to support the teachers of tomorrow. Many students choose an education major in hopes of a bright future in the teaching career. Sometimes the hopes of the students are mired into problems like meager pay, education debt, etc. The key to a bright future then is to graduate with little or no debt. Scholarships for education majors are the answer to the prayers of the students. Let us take a survey of some of the options that are available to the students.
- Applegate Jackson Parks Future Teacher Scholarship is available to graduate and undergraduate students majoring in education and is worth $1,000.
- Hardwood Forest Foundation Educator Scholarship is for bachelor, master or doctorate level students enrolled in an education related major. It provides one $1,500 and 14 $1,000 scholarships.
- Horace Mann Educator Scholarships is for education majors and once won is paid directly to the educational institution of the recipient. The applicants are judged on a written essay.
- Minority Teacher Education Scholarship is designed to generate education major in the state of Florida. Eligible candidates must be residents of the state of Florida and belong to the following racial groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaskan Native.
- TEACH grant provides an amount of $4,000 per year to students who are willing to teach in public or private elementary or secondary schools for low income families. The student after completion of his/her study will have to teach in the above mentioned capacity for 4 academic years within eight calendar years of completing the program of study for which he/she received the scholarship.
- Underwood Smith Teacher Scholarship Program is offered to outstanding students who wish to teach at a pre-school, elementary, middle or secondary school level in the public schools of West Virginia.
- Oklahoma Future Teachers Scholarship Program is aimed at producing competent manpower to fill in the critical shortage areas of the public schools in Oklahoma. The candidates must be resident of Oklahoma and must be nominated by their colleges.
There are much more opportunities available for education majors. The candidates must search for Government and private scholarship options. They must also explore the special educational needs of their areas and the opportunities that are special to their area of residence. The candidates must also be prepared to compete in essay competitions or other special requirements that the scholarship provider might put forward.
Teaching is increasingly becoming the career of choice for many young graduates because of the excellent career opportunities that are now available to professionally qualified teachers. Like all other fields a professional qualification is required to excel in teaching career. Professional degrees are expensive to pursue but they can guarantee a promising career for you. There is a shortage of professionally qualified teachers in almost all countries of world, to fulfill this shortage many private organizations and teaching colleges have started scholarship programs to help students get professional degrees in teaching. In this article I will explain some such programs offered by different sources.
- American Montessori Society Scholarship Program: The scholarship program offers aid to 16 talented students every year. These scholarships are provided to students that are going to join a qualification in Montessori teaching and that are accepted by AMS education programs.
- The Delta Gamma Foundation Florence Margaret Harvey Memorial Scholarship Program: This scholarship program provides aid to students that are interested in getting a qualification in teaching blind or visually impaired children.
- Applegate/Jackson/Parks Future Teacher Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides aid to students that are planning to major in education at the graduate or post graduate level. The program provides aid of $1000 to numerous students every year.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Scholarship Program: The board runs several scholarship programs for teachers at all levels. There are several scholarship programs offered to elementary teachers, middle school teachers, math teachers, science teachers and reading and language arts teachers. These scholarship programs provide aid to numerous students every year.
- PDK Prospective Educator Scholarship Program: This program provides aid to students that are members of the Future Educators Association or students that have some relation to PDK, who are also majoring in education.
- Paul Douglas Teacher Scholarship program: This scholarship program provides financial assistance to talented high school students that are planning to major in education.
- SPS Future Teacher Scholarship Program: This scholarship program provides aid to students that are currently pursuing degrees in physics and that want to work as physics teacher in future. The program provides aid of $2000 to numerous students every year. The students should also be a member of physics teachers club to apply for the scholarship program.
- Teach Grant Program: This scholarship program provides aid of $4000 to talented students that sign a contract to work in a low income elementary school for a specified period after completion of their education.