If you like to sing or you have passion for music, going through the right education and training is very important. Scholarships for music will help you cover the expenses of education and training if required. Scholarships and grants are available for various reasons and different fields of education as well. (more…)
Music education scholarships, just as the name suggests, are for those who have interest and passion for music and they wish to pursue their education and training in this direction. Many of the students are well aware of the high cost of music education and most of them drop the idea even if they have the caliber and passion. (more…)
Getting a scholarship to fund studies is becoming increasingly important for most students due to the sky rocketing costs of higher education. There are hundreds of scholarships offered by numerous organization based on different criteria. Most students try to look for college scholarship opportunities that are based on some popular criteria such as academic excellence or athletic performance; it is the most logical thing to do but students should not overlook the scholarship opportunities that provide aid based on unusual criteria. These scholarship opportunities provide the chance to students to fund their studies even if they do not fulfill the criteria for academic or sports scholarships. In this article I will discuss some such college scholarship opportiunites.
- If you like to drink milk and you have little athletic ability you can win a $7000 scholarship to fund your studies by writing an essay on the benefits of drinking milk and sending it with a photo of you in milk mustache. In 2010 25 such scholarships were awarded to students.
- Do you love to skate board? If you have a passion for skateboarding you can apply for the Patrick Kerr Skateboard Scholarship program. This scholarship program provides aid to four students every year. The student with first position gets a $5000 scholarship while the remaining three get $1000 scholarships.
- There are some scholarships offered to students based on height. The tall club offers scholarships to students that are over five feet ten inches tall for women and over six feet tall for men. The Little People of America group offers this award both for those with dwarfism and for individuals under four feet ten inches in height.
- Students who are in love with potatoes and want to join a course related to potato farming can get aid through Potato industry scholarships.
- If you have a talent for music you can get aid for college studies through the School Band and Orchestra Magazine Scholarship program by simply writing an essay on how music has made an impact in your life.
- If you have read the Ayn Rand’s novel, The Fountainhead and can write an essay about it you can get aid of $10000 through the scholarship program offered by The Ayn Rand Institute.
More information on above mentioned scholarship programs can be obtained from their websites. You can also search for many other scholarship opportunities based on varying criteria and offered in different regions over the internet.
If you have music as your major subject and want to become a professional musician or just want to work in the music industry, music scholarship is perfect for you. This scholarship will give you a financial boost at the time of studies related to music. There are different types of careers in music and you can take up any of them. But for the fulfillment of any of them you need additional fund that is necessary and very important because to become a professional you need to have skilled qualities and unless you learn and achieve the degree it is not possible for you to get good opportunities.
Some of the career options in music are – teaching music, working on radio or in television, composing or working for a record company, development of music software, engineering and production, film scoring, computer and internet music. However to accomplish any of these career options, you have to get a degree of higher education with music as your major. If you deserve the money as a student and you apply for the scholarship, you will be able to win the scholarship money.
There are different types of music scholarships available and you have to choose one to apply depending on the course you are doing. With the funds provided by the scholarship money you will be able to pay your tuition fees. It also depends on the fact that whether you have chosen the music career as you have passion for music or simply because it will give you a chance and open a new career for you. In fact when you apply for the scholarship money you have to give answers to this type of question also.
There are some essay questions that you have to choose and write so that the panel decides whether you are an eligible candidate for the scholarship or not. Getting a scholarship can make it easier for you to achieve what you want. The best music scholarship options available are BMI Foundation, Young Musician Foundation, Canada Council for Arts, Florida Arts Council and many more.