A future in film industry needs proper education, degree and training and this includes lot of money. If you are planning to take your home videos to the next level and pursue a career in this field, look for scholarship for film majors so that you achieve the degree and qualification without financial burden. (more…)
Getting ready for college needs lot of preparation and is a complicated process too. To make matter work properly you need to decide what to study, where to study and how to pay for your studies. If you wish to study broadcast journalism, apply for scholarship broadcast programs available for those students who wish to pursue broadcasting career. (more…)
Photography grants scholarships are available for students who wish to pursue education and training in photography. Today, there are different career prospects that are related to photography and more and more students who have passion for photography attempt to acquire education in that field. (more…)
Bob Gross memorial scholarship is given to graduating high school seniors who are interested to pursue education in Michigan State University College of Communication, Arts and Science as full time student. If you find yourself eligible and deserving candidate, make sure you go through the list of courses that are provided and supported by this scholarship program. (more…)
Education is considered valuable in the Filipino community. Most Filipinos work in the healthcare industry with nursing being one of the top professions they choose. Several organizations offer Filipino scholarships to support bright students who need the financial assistance. Here are few of these scholarships.
Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund
The fund has five scholarships, each worth $5,000 for Filipino American California residents pursuing a career in engineering to attend four-year colleges or universities. They provide scholarships for SAT preparation courses and college admissions counseling as well.
Filipino American Human Services, Inc Scholarship
The FAHSI College Scholarship Program, also called the Frederick and Demi Seguritan Scholarship, provides each winner a renewable award of $5,000 per year for four years. The winner (one person) of this scholarship is a Filipino/Filipino American graduating high school senior who shows a passion for business and serving the Filipino community.
Filipino Bar Association of Northern California Legal Scholarship
This scholarship is for law students who want to serve the Filipino American community. 1 to 3 scholarships of $1,000 to $2,500 are offered every year.
Lapiz Family Scholarship
This scholarship is for University of California students who are farm workers or children of farm or migrant workers.
Maria Elena Yuchengco Memorial Journalism Scholarship
Filipino American students who are interested in studying journalism at any U.S. college or university can apply for this scholarship.
Helen and L.S. Wong Memorial Scholarship
High school students of Asian heritage belonging to the Fairfield and Suisun high school can apply for this award.
Human Capital Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to first-generation University of California students who belong to underrepresented groups.
Shui Kuen and Allen Chin Scholarship
This scholarship is designed for you If you are a current full-time undergraduate or graduate student who is working or has worked at a restaurant that is owned by an Asian or serves Asian cuisine, or if at least one of your parents has worked or is working in such a restaurant.
This fund is for summer internships for supporting an undergraduate student studying at Yale and working at a non-profit organization that serves an Asian community in the US.
Hawaii Filipino Community Foundation Scholarships
Here are some these foundation scholarships:
- Ambassador Minerva Jean Falcon Hawaii Scholarship.
- Filipino Nurses’ Organization of Hawai‘i Scholarship.
- Philippine Cultural Foundation of Hawai‘i Scholarship Fund.
There are many sources for finding Filipino scholarships. Search online to find more information about the opportunities.
Photography scholarships can be acquired by people who want to acquire education in photography to pursue careers as freelance photographers, photojournalists, advertising, etc. There are many organization that offer money to people interested in the field of photography and they are not just to support their study efforts but also to provide them funding for other purposes like making visits to photography conferences.
The most obvious requirement on part of the candidate is to have a good skill in photography. The candidate must assemble the very best of his work and present it to the judges. Being a field of the arts, the possibilities are limitless as to what can be presented for evaluation. Let us take a look at some of the organizations that provide funds for photography scholarships.
Professional photography scholarships include:
- The Millotte scholarship fund offers an amount of $4000 to the students of photography having an orientation towards natural subjects. Requirements include a GPA of 3.0.
- North American Nature Photography Association provides funds to member students for visiting the annual NANPA summit conference.
- The Janie Moore Green Grant provides an amount of $1000 to students for a course in photography. Eligibility criteria include a good academic record and good skill in photography.
- The World Studio foundation provides scholarships for a number of disciplines of the arts including photography. Eligibility criteria include a minimum CGPA of 2.0 and the students will also be required to submit a sample of their work for evaluation.
- The Association of Women Journalists offers scholarships for photojournalism.
- The Ivan and Bernice Burnham Memorial Fund which is sponsored by Vermont Professional Photographers, provides a varied amount of money to students planning a study course in photography.
Some college scholarships are as follows:
- The Jules Strauss photography scholarship is offered to outstanding seniors with an excellent academic record. It is sponsored by the San Francisco State University School of photography.
- Larry Holland/AGI Commercial Scholarship
- PPO/OIP&T Scholarship
Some other opportunities are:
- Bob Baxter scholarship provides an amount of $ 1000 to students of photojournalism.
- Reid Blackburn scholarship.
- Bob East scholarship provides an amount of $2000 to students of photojournalism who are planning to attend graduate school.
These were some of the options which are available. The diversity of these photography scholarships is immense and there is really something for everyone. The correct strategy is to make an impressive compilation of your work and try your best.
Journalism is one of the most highly sought after fields of today. Journalism is a very adventurous and rewarding career but it is very competitive as well. To excel in a career related to journalism, higher education degrees in related fields are a necessity. There are a number of sub fields in journalism which you can specialize in, such as crime reporting, political analysts, anchorpersons etc. No matter in which sub field you are interested you should be prepared to get a degree in related subfield in order to make your place in the tough job market.
Journalism studies are expensive but there are number of journalism scholarships available to students. These scholarships are based on varying criteria; generally most of the scholarship programs will require you to enter a contest in which you will be required to submit your work related to a particular field of journalism. However, some scholarships are also awarded based on academic merit or your past work history as a journalist. A few examples of journalism scholarships available to students are as follows.
- The Edward J Nell Scholarship program that awards scholarships through two contests named as Quill and Scroll Yearbook Excellence contest and Writing/Photography Contest. Both contests require you to submit your own work in particular fields of journalism. The contestants must be planning to do major in journalism.
- The National Press Club Scholarship for Journalism Diversity awards scholarships to students who are majoring in journalism and who are able to bring cultural diversity to college campus. These scholarships are based on academic merit.
- The Ted Scripps Fellowships in Environmental Journalism is a non-degree fellowship programs that provides financial assistance to outstanding students. The scholarship programs provide an excellent opportunity to students by providing them practical training in addition to normal class room learning. This practical training can help students greatly in their careers afterwards.
Complete information on above mentioned programs can be obtained from their websites. There are also several other scholarship programs awarded through contests. Even if you are not very good at academics you can use your writing or photography skills to win such scholarship contests. You can search for scholarships for your journalism studies based on varying criteria over the internet.
Journalism scholarships are generally less common in developing countries. However, students from developing countries can look for scholarships offered by their local universities and press clubs for journalism courses.
The field of journalism is a very diverse and dynamic field. It is one of the basic traits of human beings to be curious about their surroundings. Today journalists do a great deal of work to sate this human curiosity by reporting on the various happenings of today’s world. The field has many opportunities, from becoming an anchorperson to a reporter, a newscaster or a headline writer. The dynamic nature of the field is evident from the fact that a journalist can also opt to travel around the world to gather information about wars, famines, etc. With all this that the field has to offer and with a possibility to not only keep your fellow humans beings well informed but also to serve them, a person majoring in journalism is truly a person with a good choice; but what if the study expenses get in the way of the dreams of an aspiring journalist?
The answer is journalism scholarships which are abundant and fortunately easy to acquire. The competition is tough though and you must be prepared to submit your finest written work for an evaluation by the judges at the different journalism scholarship competitions.
There are also some specific scholarships that are worth mentioning. The Edward J Nell scholarship is given to the winners of the Quill and Scroll Yearbook Excellence contest winners or the Writing/Photography contest winners and is for the people aspiring to major in journalism. The Ted Scripps Fellowships are awarded in environmental journalism and help an aspiring journalist develop his skills in field environments. The National Press Club scholarship for Journalism Diversity is given to students that will major in journalism and have the ability to diversify the field.
There are many other opportunities for an aspiring journalism major. Opportunities include regular scholarships like the other fields. These journalism scholarships require a person to bring out his best talents and show it to the world. The world is always on the lookout for good journalists. An aspiring journalist should first identify his strengths, maybe he is good at story-telling or maybe he is brimming with anchorperson confidence, maybe his attention to detail is flawless and will allow him to be a genius crime reporter. With journalism the choices are limitless and everyone can make a name for himself. With news in high demand you should really work hard to get the good news of getting a journalism scholarship that could be a start to a wonderful career.