Attending summer camps arranged by different schools can give valuable exposure and experience to students. These summer camps also provide opportunities for students to better their skills in the relative sports and to gain scholarships for further studies on basis of their athletic performance. Many students who show good athletic performance are recruited at the spot in summer camps by top schools for their baseball teams.
There are thousands of different summer camps for different sports. Baseball scholarships are very competitive because there about 135,000 high school baseball players in US that compete for the same few hundred baseball scholarships offered schools at summer camp, scholarships become easier to get if you are able to show superior performance at summer camps. Following five tips can help you win a scholarship for baseball.
- You should attend specific camps. Camps that are specifically for baseball will help you in improving your skills in the game and also help focus coaches on your game, so that you can be picked for a high school team.
- Start your training early. To stay ahead of competition you should start training for your sports a weak or two prior to joining the camp, which will help you stand out from other players.
- Try to be the leader. In addition to performing like a leader you should try to demonstrate leadership skills. Encourage other athletes, be vocal, hustle and be first in line. Players that show leadership skills are attractive to coaches.
- Act like a pro. Acting like a pro helps in making you prominent among other players. Dress like a pro and take your game seriously. Wear a clean uniform, have a jersey with your name on the back to be easily identified. Leave all the jewelry at home.
- You should try to play multiple positions if you can manage to play more than one position. Diversity in your game shows that you are a team player that can be an asset for any team.
You should treat summer camps as an opportunity to learn and to get further opportunities for your studies and sports, unlike most other students that just pass time in the summer camp. Scholarships are available for aspiring athletes, so try to develop your skills in your game, and while you develop your athletic skills, make sure you do not over look academics because as an athlete student, you are expected to be student first and athlete second.