Just as there are scholarships for different types of students, the USF Asian Alliance awards Asian scholarship to support undergraduate students that are of Asian background. The students that are accepted by the University of South Florida are also entitled to apply for these grants.
The requirements for applying for Asian scholarship are
- The applicant should be of Asian background and heritage
- The students who want to apply should be an undergraduate student and must be studying in any department and college at USF.
- The applicant should have at least 3.25 GPA
- If the applicant is new at college he or she should score 4.0 high school GPA
- The applicant must be enrolled for full time in the semester
- It is possible that the scholarship recipients may not receive more than one scholarship
You can apply for the scholarship following the right procedure. The first thing that you need to do is downloading the application form and fill it properly and accurately. You will have to write an essay on any one of the topics and you need to write on the application form. The first topic is to write about your opinion on keeping your Asian traditions in United States and another topic is on how will you contribute to the USF community, as you are an Asian student. Along with this you have to provide a copy of your latest transcript. You have to submit the application form to the Scholarship Committee Chair. The deadline for these scholarships is fixed and it is June 15 and December 15.
The scholarship amount is $500 to each recipient. The decisive factor lies in the hands of the Scholarship Committee and you will have to abide by the decision. The entire application procedure is explained here. You simply have to go to the legitimate website or office and find the application form for Asian scholarship. Once you are able to get that, you can apply keeping in mind the points and tips mentioned here. Make sure you submit all relevant documents along with the duly filled application form.