College education is a turning point in the life of a student. It is here that a student adopts a career path and makes a decision about what his life is going to be like in the coming years. There are so many majors that college education has to offer and sometimes a student who does not has a clear picture of what he wants to be can get frustrated. This is also important because of the availability of scholarships for specific majors. The student needs to do some research into the various scholarship options.
A good option is the field of accounting. This field never goes out of fashion and there is constant demand of professionals. There are a number of accounting scholarships available and are for the graduating high school student or are for the students who are already enrolled in college and majoring in accounting.
Let’s consider some of the good options.
- The National Society of Accountants offers scholarships to accounting majors. You can check with them for eligibility criteria.
- The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is another good example.
- The American Society of Women Accountants provides scholarships to women.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants provides scholarships for college students.
Some sources from where you can get information about accounting scholarships are as follows:
- Online databases are a good source of finding information about scholarships and their eligibility criteria.
- Finance office of the accounting school can be a good place for getting information about whether the accounting school is offering money for your study or not.
- Local libraries retain listings of scholarships available and can also provide you with study magazines which can be a good source of information on the available scholarships.
Other options include grants and student loans. Loans are provided by private lenders, banks or the state. You will have to present a proof of financial need (EFC) and also will have to agree on the terms and conditions.
Generally, your chances are improved significantly if you do a lot of research and apply for as many positions as possible. You must also look for the accounting scholarships related to your specific field of accounting. A good option can be to look for institutes specializing in your field of interest. They may offer specific scholarships to prospective accountants fulfilling their criteria. Accounting is a wonderful field. Accounting professionals seldom go jobless. With accounting scholarships, your dream of becoming an accountant can come true.